• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi trunk questions

Reaction score
I just bought a set of used Givi bags and trunk and was wanting to know if someone has found a way to move the trunk back a couple of inches? I remember seeing a thread somewhere but of course cant find it now. I wonder why Givi chose to make it so far forward. Im 6'2" 200lbs and my wife is 5'7" 120lbs so its not like we are rotund people. The spacing is just ok but would be a lot more comfortable with the added room.

The only thing I can think that you might try,

is buy a Monokey mounting plate from Twisted Throttle and mount it farther back on your Suzuki luggage rack. Or...... have somebody make you a plate to screw to your rack, using the Suzuki rack as a template to drill the holes for all that hardware that you would move to the new rack.

This KLR relocating kit might work on the Bandit. It moves the case back two inches with a bracket that supports the case mounting plate.

I had the same problem so this is what i did, i bought the Side case racks only from suzuki, and bought a SW-Motech Top Rack from TwThrttl. the SW-Motech sits about 1"1/2 behind the grab bar. I too am about 73" at 210 and my girl is 65" and 140(shhh) you didnt get that from me. and she has no problems, in fact she has suggested i get the cushion to go on the top case and it would be perfect. Hope this helps.

if you go to this page
http://www.justbandits.com/shop/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=88&strPageHistory=cat
The picture you see is of my bike with the very adaptor plate you are looking for i was asked to use my bike for the photos as the owner of just bandits has only the standard bandit.
the plate would take about 15 to 20 mins to fit and can be fitted at different positions.
Hope posting the link didnt break any rules.
all the best lee

Thanks for all the ideas. I need to move it back about 2 inches or so. really nice quality luggage, nicer than my FJRs was.

I had built a 3/8" alu sub plate to do this same thing on my ex R1150GSA. Was able to locate the Givi plate where ever I wanted then.

if you go to this page
http://www.justbandits.com/shop/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=88&strPageHistory=cat
The picture you see is of my bike with the very adaptor plate you are looking for i was asked to use my bike for the photos as the owner of just bandits has only the standard bandit.
the plate would take about 15 to 20 mins to fit and can be fitted at different positions.
Hope posting the link didnt break any rules.
all the best lee

Too bad the fine print at the above link says "Unfortunately we are not able to ship to the U.S or Canada at the moment". Hope this changes soon.

Blaine

Too bad the fine print at the above link says "Unfortunately we are not able to ship to the U.S or Canada at the moment". Hope this changes soon.

Blaine

I am reliably informed that he will post anywhere and if you need confirmation just e mail julian at justbandits and reference my name, and he WILL sort you out, his words.
any problems give me a shout.

Last edited:
I am reliably informed that he will post anywhere and if you need confirmation just e mail julian at justbandits and reference my name, and he WILL sort you out, his words.
any problems give me a shout.

I saw this adaptor at justbandits.com while searching the internet for a top-box fix. I didn't bother trying to order the adaptor when I read the "not able to ship to the U.S or Canada" disclaimer but I did post it on the UK Bandit forum.

I will be getting in touch with Julian. Would you be able to post additional pics of this adaptor and give some details on how this product is installed?

Thanks,

Blaine

here are a couple of pics showing the top plate and mounts.
The fitting of the plate is quiet easy and depending on how far back you need the top box to go. I personally would not go any further back than 3 inches due to the overhang and weight distribution, where i have it fitted you can use 2 of the existing holes on the rack top plate and drill 2 more as you can see in the pics, the rack plate comes with all parts that are required all that you may need is a drill and bit for the 2 holes mentioned they are the ones nearest the seat, you may not even have to drill here as this will depend on where you mount it, as you may be able to pick up on some other holes that are there.

Attachments

• IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
.... and conversely,
for the solo rider, I've given thought to moving the Givi CLOSER to the pilot so as to centralize the mass of the top case.

Yes you could use it to mount the box closer to you, it would work but how far forward you could go i dont know i would have to measure it.

Last edited:
Thank you leedude03 for the pictures and install instructions. Had you not spoken up I probably would not have considered this product because of the shipping disclaimer. I appreciate your help.

Blaine

Not a problem only to pleased to help, just remember ordering from the states you will probably incur import tax so factor that into the cost.

.... and conversely,
for the solo rider, I've given thought to moving the Givi CLOSER to the pilot so as to centralize the mass of the top case.

Slight thread jack; So, Fitty, I see you have crept up to 160 indicated:eek2::giveup::clap:

Indicated 160, a real 141,
WITHOUT my Givi top box mounted..... nor any Givi luggage on the sides.
I honestly believe that my hand-guards are creating drag and wrestles with front-end stability at speed.

I found out today that I did it with my positive lead merely touching the battery post.... I didn't secure it well enough after I disconnected everything when trouble shooting a problem with a rough running engine.

I also ran that "160" with my chain MUCH too tight. I reversed the axel today as you suggested, put the bike on it's side-stand, and loosened things up. Also got a quote for factory sprockets & chain from the Suzuki dealership.... he said that he could come down to $265.00 to prevent me from buying online elsewhere.

I didn't bother trying to order the adaptor when I read the "not able to ship to the U.S or Canada" disclaimer but I did post it on the UK Bandit forum.

Blaine

That reminds me of my '97 BMW R11R when the front master cylinder started leaking and I call BMW Baton Rouge for a kit. No kits produced, had to buy the master cylinder at 215 bucks plus tax and stuff. Found out later that some guys from England had put together a kit. Emailed them and they didn't ship to the US and Canada due to liability laws. Our sue happy society over here. Ah! Friends in Egypt at present , originally from Germany. Emailed them. A month later had a kit in the mail. ;-).

iability laws are the reason he did not ship to the states his previous insurer would not cover items, but he has since changed insurers and they are aparently ok with shipments to the states.

I installed the Givi bags and the /Coocase tailbox this morning. Still waiting of the flush mount signal lights to come in.

PICT0027_1024_x_768.jpg

PICT0028_1024_x_768.jpg

PICT0029_1024_x_768.jpg

I installed the Givi bags and the /Coocase tailbox this morning. Still waiting of the flush mount signal lights to come in.

Andy, look at Admorelighting led's for your sidecases, bit expensive, but I installed them in mine and I'm VERY pleased - http://www.admorelighting.com/index.php?page=products/index.php&subpage=13

They make them for the Givi tailbags as well, not sure about the Coocase, but I do see that they have a universal kit as well.

Here's an example of how they work on the trunk of an ST1300 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARIuHkNSWM

Last edited:
Back