• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Replacing a front turn signal assembly

Reaction score
My Bandit 1250 has a front turn signal with a cracked housing. Still works fine, but looks a little ugly held together with electricians tape. I have a replacement turn signal in hand from Bikebandit and I am ready to install it.

I read the shop manual, but the directions therein for replacing the turn signal assembly are vague at best. For example, no indication is given concerning the location of the electrical socket for the plug on the end of the pigtail of the turn signal assembly.

Anyone out there who has experience with replacing a front turn signal assembly on a Bandit 1250? Any suggestions on how to keep this simple would be appreciated.

If I recall correctly, you only need the philips screwdriver, a 8 or 10 metric socket (was not available in the toolkit), and some elbow grease.

Here is how I remember it:

unscrew the lens cap with the phillips screwdriver
remove bulb
unscrew small black screw inside plastic housing that holds electrical plug
shove plug through housing
separate housing from accordion base
remove nut on inside of fairing
push accordion though faring

You'll end up with many separate pieces so you can change which ever you need.

Replaced the front right on mine. In order to get to the connector to unplug it, I had to take the instrument panel off (well at least loosen it and move it out of the way). The two allen screws below the gauges are what you need to remove to get the job done. After that, just undo the nut on the back of the stalk, and you have it off.

erda,

Is the location of the electrical connector self-evident once the instrument panel has been unscrewed and set to the side? Thanks for the info.

Not really. I needed to follow the wiring up. My connecter was up against the front and held there with a zip-tie. Once I tracked it, it was quite simple. Have a good look at the new signal and connecters and you'll see how they come apart.

Back