• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I am in moto-mag heaven

TWTim

Reaction score
I've been meaning to check this out for over a month, but kept forgetting about it. Almost all American Motorcyclist magazines from the 1950s to present day are available for free on Google Books.

ENJOY!

Nice! Thanks! Just read a couple articles from when my new to me bike was released. Cool! :)

So many great ads -- Tom Lester Wheels:

LesterWheelsAdSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Shows you how much I know.... I didn't even know about Google Books. I was going to be semi-productive and cut the grass, but thanks to you I'll be wasting the afternoon. Probably more than one afternoon.

To pay you back, check out this black hole you can get lost in with just a few clicks. A real eclectic, interesting website: Dark Roasted Blend

Shows you how much I know.... I didn't even know about Google Books. I was going to be semi-productive and cut the grass, but thanks to you I'll be wasting the afternoon. Probably more than one afternoon.

Well, you're still not as far gone with it as I am so far. I'm already building my own database of things I find interesting as I read through. Check out this little piece of editorial gold from a boyish-faced Dave Despain:

DespainEditorial1-1977-1.jpg

DespainEditorial2-1977-1.jpg

I still prefer magazines, as lugging a computer to the restroom just feels weird.

To pay you back, check out this black hole you can get lost in with just a few clicks. A real eclectic, interesting website: Dark Roasted Blend

Thanks TP.
A guy could get lost in that site for a bit!!!

Ron

Thanks, Tim! Dad-burn, you! Now MORE internet time required! Oh well, it is a thankless job but somebody has to do it!:giveup:
PS: Actually I really do appreciate your info!:clap:

Look up the Feb 1994 issue and catch a little snip from yours truly and my 15 year old, crystal-ball fortune telling of Super Bikes to come :zen:

Scroll down to page 35: Motorcyclist Feb 1994

“When I build a dream bike, I’m going to go in Harley’s back door and build their first superbike. I’ll start with a twin spar-aluminum frame, add an inverted fork, single-sided swing arm with a 3.5 -inch front wheel and a 6-inch rear. I’ll stop the bike with triple-disc, full-floating, Honda-type linked brakes. I’ll power it with an aluminum, 1,000cc V-four with liquid cooling, four-valves, dual overhead cams with shims under buckets, big bang timing and finned cylinders and heads to retail Harley style. I’ll run it through a six-speed, cartridge-style transmission with optional ratios for sport or high mileage.
I’ll computerize the fuel injection with optional chips for the same sport or high mileage configurations as the transmission. The bike will exhaust through a four-into-two-into-one with a carbon fiber automotive style turbo muffler. I’ll be ecologically correct and use a catalytic converter. I’ll style it with a full fairing styled by Ducati and paint it Harley black. This two-up superbike will wheelbase at 58 inches and weigh about 500 pounds. Remember this is a Harley, and it’s a big bike, ‘cause like myself, Harley riders are big ole boys!” Stephen Slisz, Ft Worth, TX

My pleasure, all. Now here's something very cool, indeed -- Texas Hill Country 1989:

HillCountry1989-01.jpg

HillCountry1989-02.jpg

HillCountry1989-03.jpg

HillCountry1989-04.jpg

Back