• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My new Buell 1125 CR

Kidder

Reaction score
Here's my new Buell 1125 CR. After Buell went under, Harley decided to offer $5000 to each dealership as an incentive for each Buell sold. So, I got a good deal on the bike. I had to go to Memphis to get it but my brother lives there so I got to visit family, too.

Nicknamed Vader:

buell1.jpg

buell2.jpg

buell3.jpg

WHat's the tank/comfort range on these things?

I think comfort range will change for me, but the ride from Kerrville back to Austin last weekend was enough for me. I have to admit though, this is the first sportbike I've ever owned, so being in the crouched position all the time doesn't feel natural to me. I also have the clubman bars on mine right now. I have the higher bars, which should help bring me up a bit and make riding a bit more comfortable. Unfortunately, the kit is back-ordered with no release date set by HD.

The range of the bike is around 150 miles or so. On par with my Ulysses.

My CR (affectionately known by my family as the lobster) after bringing her home:

4028385155_957f0c1d53.jpg

Wayne

Congrats! Wish I was stateside right now. Love to add a Uly to the stable.

I could go an easy 150 on my 04 GSXR1000 and I find this bike more comfortable. Mine came with the high bars so I think that has a lot to do with it. I also hear Uly pegs will bolt on and are a bit lower. However, the pegs are okay for me right now. Next on the list is getting the suspension sorted.

Nice looking bike,

especially in the back of your truck, must have a HD bloodline :-P

Wayne, could you shoot/post a photo looking down from the rider's view? I'd like to see what the view's like from the pilot's viewpoint.
I really like the looks of it, lobster claws and all.

Congrats! Wish I was stateside right now. Love to add a Uly to the stable.

Oh man. I can't resist a hijack here. I went to high school in Wiesbaden, so when I saw the stateside comment and looked at your location, I nearly swooned. I lived in Bierstadt and went to school at Gen. H. H. Arnold High School (since renamed to Wiesbaden High School).

I used to bicycle all over the Taunus mountains and I would gladly trade a Uly for a chance to be riding where you are now. I remember some great rides around Niedernhausen and even better ones around Bad Schwalbach. Make the most of it my friend.

Oh the irony!!!

Today I got the December issue of Sport Rider magazine in. So what's there? A huge full page spread congratulating Danny Eslick on his 2009 Daytona Superbike championship from Geico (with a nice Buell logo in the upper right corner). Next irony? The very bike you and I just bought. A full shootout piece on the Buell 1125CR and the Ducati Streetfighter. Both testers gave the Buell the thumbs up over the Ducati! What? and this is the bike and brand HD killed? I'm telling ya, something is really wrong with a company, when it owns another that is just hitting its stride and then chopped down at the knees.

Of course the silver lining is we got ahold on one before it was too late.

Gary -- I'll have to see if I can get home before it gets too dark. That didn't happen today. Sorry.

Wayne

For me its either look for another bike ('07 ninja 650r) or look for a house. Decisions decisions.

Oh the irony!!!

Today I got the December issue of Sport Rider magazine in. So what's there? A huge full page spread congratulating Danny Eslick on his 2009 Daytona Superbike championship from Geico (with a nice Buell logo in the upper right corner). Next irony? The very bike you and I just bought. A full shootout piece on the Buell 1125CR and the Ducati Streetfighter. Both testers gave the Buell the thumbs up over the Ducati! What? and this is the bike and brand HD killed? I'm telling ya, something is really wrong with a company, when it owns another that is just hitting its stride and then chopped down at the knees.

Did you read this article? The Buell came out on top, too.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/4506/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Streetfighter-Comparo-III.aspx

I have a RED Cr. Almost bought the Black but the higher "bar kit" was on the red one.
Recently installed a set of braced "City X" handlebars and 1/2" drop pegs on my CR.
The idea is to eventually put the hand guards off my ULLY on this bike too. Really
increased the comfort level. I have XB12 Lightning bars on my Ully and love that
change also. The key is buying another upper handle bar clamp bar, turning it upside
down, and using it to lift the bars another inch. This takes up cable slack and makes
bars easier to reach. It is hard to beat the stock ride on a ULLY but this is sportier.
One of the things I love about Buells, so many of the parts interchange. The range
of comfort for my CR went from 50 miles (stock) to about 150 miles with these mods.
The ULLY was stock and still is with my mods "all day" comfortable.
Buellboy
2009 1125CR
2007 Ully "Lite"

Oh the irony!!!

Of course the silver lining is we got ahold on one before it was too late.

Gary -- I'll have to see if I can get home before it gets too dark. That didn't happen today. Sorry.

Wayne

Even this month's HOG has an article on Buell. :argh:

DSCN1014.jpg

DSCN1012.jpg

Back