• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja Bound

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
I'm planning my next big adventure. This time, I'm planning to go to Baja sometime in mid-January. I know nothing about Baja except that it is a peninsula off the end of southern California but is part of Mexico.

So far my itinerary goes something like; Go to Yuma, turn left. When road ends turn around. Camp, eat roadside tacos, drink cervassa. Repeat until back in Yuma. Then return home.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience of motorcycling thru Baja. What are some of the “must do’s”, what areas should I avoid.

Any suggested routes? Good books on the subject, etc.

Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: My Spanish speaking skills consist of: "teqiilla por favor, señor". Are there any other useful phrases I should learn?

If your in Texas i would cross at Ojinaga Mexico, Go to Los Mochis or Mazatlin
load the bike up on a ship and head to Baja,,, There is NO winter once you hit gulf of Calif....
Mike

BTW: My Spanish speaking skills consist of: "teqiilla por favor, señor". Are there any other useful phrases I should learn?[/QUOTE]

Please Don't shoot me.

Coupled with "Mas Cerveca por favor" you also will need to know "Donde esta el bano?"

Reminds me of my favorite STeve Martin quote:

"I went to France and they didn't even have the courtesy to speak English!"

Voni
sMiling

Back