• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cool roads/sights between Dallas-Lubbock?

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Last Name
Bakker
Well in 1 week I fly to Dallas to pick up my new bike (ZRX). I can't wait! I'm looking at the route and I'm wondering if there are any good roads or cool areas to see on the way home. I'll be avoiding the superslab and was planning on cutting across on 82, but I don't mind diverting the path a bit to see something cool or to hit some curves. Hoping some people with local knowledge can clue me in. I just moved out here a few months ago. Hopefully the weather will hold out for me!:rider:

Well, you could leave Ransom Canyon, ride into Lubbock, and ride the exit cloverleafs on Loop 289 and I27. Do that four times and you will have ridden more curves than anywhere between Lubbock and Dallas.:mrgreen:

Hwy 380 out of Post might be a bit more fun than 82/114, but I can't think of anything much to see. When I have to get to the Metroplex from Lubbock, usually the only things I am looking for are Black and White vehicles.

We rode from DFW (west side) to Lubbock for the Slaton Pie Run in May. Most of the roads headed that-away are pretty straight. Seems like the best curvy stuff was US180 between Weatherford and Albany.

I liked 380 west of Haskell better than 82.

Now there are a bunch of courthouses on several east-west routes... :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Figured there wasn't much out there but hey I want to make the best of it :mrgreen:

Well in 1 week I fly to Dallas to pick up my new bike (ZRX). I can't wait! I'm looking at the route and I'm wondering if there are any good roads or cool areas to see on the way home. I'll be avoiding the superslab and was planning on cutting across on 82, but I don't mind diverting the path a bit to see something cool or to hit some curves. Hoping some people with local knowledge can clue me in. I just moved out here a few months ago. Hopefully the weather will hold out for me!:rider:

Might really depend on how much going home time you have? There are some nice roads and a few curves and scenery in that region once you divert off a straight westward path.:rider:

Back