• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone seen the 2010 Multistrada?

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
Oh....my......

09-thumb.jpg_700.jpg

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/2009/11/ducati-multistrada-1200-fully-revealed/#more-4572

I really liked the idea of the multi, but the current model is just so ugly from the front. I like this new one alot more, and it's certainly an improvement, but I don't think it's quite there yet.

maybe leave it in the oven for another 30 min. or so :mrgreen:

EDIT: well, now I don't know. I really dig the side-profile. I think the Tiger is better looking from the front, but the Multi looks better from the side. :shrug:

Last edited:
It looks better than the last one, but I still like the Ulysses better.

:drool: yet another sweet peice of awesomeness I can't aford

This statement is typically made by Kurt just before he decides to purchase one.

trustme.gif

Naw..... he still has the guzzi avatar up. We'll know for sure when it goes back to the 'other' one. :lol2:

Sure is a pretty bike.

Naw..... he still has the guzzi avatar up. We'll know for sure when it goes back to the 'other' one. :lol2:

Sure is a pretty bike.

Italian design always a delight see on motorcycles among other things. I can't wait for a test ride. I heard they have very good suspension.

Although you probably need to befriend a good mechanic to keep it going.

friday.gif

RB

Italian design always a delight see on motorcycles among other things. I can't wait for a test ride. I heard they have very good suspension.

Although you probably need to befriend a good mechanic to keep it going.

friday.gif

RB

No longer need a mechanic - just an electronics tech!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=38657

"MULTISTRADA 1200: FOUR-BIKES-IN-ONE!

Four different motorcycles, available at the touch of a button, change the fundamental characteristics of the new Multistrada 1200. Power and torque delivery, suspension settings, and traction control can be changed – even while riding – to enable the motorcycle to adapt to the needs of the rider and not the other way around. With the Multistrada 1200, Ducati introduce the concept of four-bikes-in-one with four Riding Modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro.

"RIDE-BY-WIRE

The ride-by-wire system is an electronic interface between the throttle grip and the engine which decides the ideal power delivery of the engine depending on the Riding Mode selected and the rider’s throttle input. The throttle grip no longer uses a throttle cable, but instead delivers a signal to the control unit, which in turn operates the throttle body butterflies.

The ride-by-wire system enables three different engine mappings to adjust the total power output and the way in which it is delivered. The three maps offer 150hp with a sports-type delivery, 150hp with a progressive delivery and 100hp also with progressive delivery. "

Also, electronic suspension control and traction control.

I sure hope it's waterproof.

No longer need a mechanic - just an electronics tech!
I sure hope it's waterproof.

With a weak dollar and high-end electronics to boot, cuanto cuesta?

I am guessing it will be around 18-20K.

RB

You know, from the front, it looks like a platypus. Maybe it'll look better in other photos, or in person, but it's certainly not as attractive as I think most people were hoping for. However, it has the same problem as the Ulysses. It has motard wheels. You ain't taking that too far off the road without knobbies.

Wayne

You know, from the front, it looks like a platypus. Maybe it'll look better in other photos, or in person, but it's certainly not as attractive as I think most people were hoping for. However, it has the same problem as the Ulysses. It has motard wheels. You ain't taking that too far off the road without knobbies.

Wayne

Remove the low fender and spoon on a 17" D606 rear? :lol2:

Back