• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Immediate need - mc casting call

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Rosenmeier
I have a photo session scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov 10th) downtown Austin from 4 - 7 pm. Originally, the shoot was with a 62 Honda CB 77 Super Hawk, but the owner will now be out of town on business. The shoot would normally be rescheduled, however, I have a model (as in woman) already booked for this session.

Is there anyone here who has a bike they'd like shot for free? You must be available during this time slot. Please shoot me a response ASAP!

Preference is for cafe racers or vintage/classic bikes, e.g., R90S, CB750, CB77. Ducati Classics, naked sport bikes also ok.

jleewebb has a '62 cb77 Honda Dream and is local. He hangs with us at Billys Burgers on Thursdays. You might consider a PM to him if that works. Was he your initial bike?

I'm guessing the mandarin pig is out of the question...... you know - pretty girls and all sitting on a pig probably wouldn't look right. :lol2:

Correction: The initial bike was another Super Hawk, not the 62 and this owner will be out of town. The 62 I referenced is in fact Lee's bike; however, Lee is not available for the shoot either.

A pic of the model would be helpful. Just sayin'.

What difference does it make?

bobeck_mimi2.jpg

There is supposedly a riding group in Georgetown called 'G-Town Mods and Rockers' who are heavy into café racers. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a website.

There is supposedly a riding group in Georgetown called 'G-Town Mods and Rockers' who are heavy into café racers. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a website.

I poked around on that name and their meetup.com group expires in 8 days. You might be able to make some contacts tonight?????
http://www.meetup.com/GTown-Mods-and-Rockers/

Here's a link that might help as well.
http://vintmotos.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/georgetown/

I'll cross-post on a couple Austin meetup boards back to this thread next.

Prob won't find anyone from there in time, but that's a good one to remember. Thanks.

I poked around on that name and their meetup.com group expires in 8 days. You might be able to make some contacts tonight?????
http://www.meetup.com/GTown-Mods-and-Rockers/

Here's a link that might help as well.
http://vintmotos.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/georgetown/

I'll cross-post on a couple Austin meetup boards back to this thread next.

Just saw this response. Thanks a bunch for your help! Really appreciate it! There's still hope yet.

I did find a neighbor with an awesome looking Honda Scrambler and the owner is available but it isn't running and neither of us have a trailer. Doh!

Just read it. Making contact now. Thanks a million for all your help. Really!

I'll let you know how it goes...

Update: As of this moment, we're going to see if we can make it work with a Royal Enfield - a gorgeous if not flawless specimen. Lighting will be tricky at 6pm and that is my only hang up. Dang that time change!

What will your location be downtown? This might be fun to stop by and watch...... Or are you moving around?

Update: As of this moment, we're going to see if we can make it work with a Royal Enfield - a gorgeous if not flawless specimen. Lighting will be tricky at 6pm and that is my only hang up. Dang that time change!

IMO, the best light is after sunset...

+1
If you don't mind post up some pics when you get them ready

You just want to see the model :trust:

Well????? How'd the shoot go?

Don't make me put up the "This thread is worthless without pictures" image. :lol2:

Back