• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

? Tires for Burgman 650

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Wilson
My wife just bought a '04 Burgman 650. The rear tire (original) needs replacing...worn out at 5000 miles. What tires are you Burgman owners running and can we only expect 5K miles out of the rear?
Thanks in advance,
whiteoak

I own a 2006 650 and have tried various tires - the first set I got about 8000 miles on but between 5000 and 6000 miles is average from what i have experienced.

I have had real good luck with the Michelin Pilot Sports. I would not recommend the Diablo tires.

The OEM Bridgestone is good. The Michelin is better but hard to find sometimes. I get about 9K off the rear. I do tend to check my tire pressure on a regular basis and maybe the prior owner didn't? Maybe he was heavyset or rode 2 up quite a bit too?

Of course many swear by going to the "darkside" and throwing a Bridgestone car tire on there. I'm not one of those folks. Check out www.burgmanusa.com for all the info on tires and anything else.

I use oem bridgestone and my rear tire got 16,600 miles on it on my 07 burgman 400, I am happy with them. You can find more info on burgman forum www.burgmanusa.com

Thanks for the info. After some research, I plan on trying a Michelin.
My wife let me take the Burg to work yesterday....it's a fun machine.

I use the Pirelli Diablos. I tried the Pilot Sport tires and found the security was not there in cornering. I had hoped they would last longer, but they didn't. I found that they were usually on back order and were hard to get.

My tire guy gets Pirellis over night and mounts them for me. I can pass his name and number on to you if you would like.

7000 miles is about the limit on a 650. The rear tires tend to wear a flat spot in the middle and grow increasingly more squirrely as they approach that 7000 mile mark. I think I am on my 5th set now!

Back