• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Full Throttle Saloon

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Anyone watch it? Watching it now. Don't look like a place I'd visit.

Saw the previews, knew immediately it wasn't one I'd watch.

My wife accuses me of liking shows with problem people - Rescue Me, Party @ the Hard Rock, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, and now Full Throttle. It was ok, I like watching the train wreck about to come. I'm still not sure I'd visit.

I'd like to head to Sturgis about a month before the rally.

Sidenote: Started DVRing another show lately - Alaska State Troopers on Nat. Geo. Excellent show that focuses on troopers, native Alaskans, and the last frontier they must live in.

Are we talking about the Full Throttle outside of Sturgis? I went there a few years back during the rally and it was an interesting place. I wouldn't exactly call it wild, but it was pretty unique.

As for when to go to Sturgis, I would highly recommend either two weeks before the rally, or two weeks after. Quite a few of the places are still up and running, but the crowds have all left town. But I am glad I've been once during the rally, just to say that I've been there.

Sons of Anarchy

I've gotta admit, I love that show. I totally ignored the first season because I figured it would be the FX version of Hells Angels '69, but it's not. The total content is only about 5 percent biker stereotypes. The other 95 percent is pretty awesome.

I did the same I watched Sons of Anarchy to make fun of it but the organized crime part of the show is addicting.

As for the full throttle saloon,I couldn't see watching a show about a biker bar... seems kind of silly. But the train wreck part may be kind of addictive.

Try the Bashful Bandit in Tucson AZ

Wow, that's a blast from the past for me. I grew up in Tucson, cruised Speedway every weekend, but the ONLY time I ever went into the BB was when I was doing a ridealong with TPD. I wouldn't have gone in there on my own.
:duck:

Sidenote: Started DVRing another show lately - Alaska State Troopers on Nat. Geo. Excellent show that focuses on troopers, native Alaskans, and the last frontier they must live in.

...and features the rugged landscape they patrol. Excellent :clap:

Back