• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Plano Police bikes

Reaction score
saw 3 mounted officers on new? honda st1300s i believe the other day
anyone have the story if these are new to plano?

Don't know about Plano but Conroe & Panorama Village PD has new st1300's. Neither PD had a motor unit before these bikes showed up a month or so ago.

.....my .02 worth. :mrgreen: YMMV ;-)

100_4881.jpg

:duck:

.....my .02 worth. :mrgreen: YMMV ;-)

100_4881.jpg

:duck:

If you had come to the motor jock rodeo today you would have seen a distinct difference in handling between the BMW/Hondas and the Harleys.

At these rodeos the BMW/Hondas are in one class and the Harleys are in another as very few Harleys riders can match the Honda/BMW performance.

Perhaps Harley should stop relying on jingoistic statements and move on from 1950's technology to be competitive. :eek2::rofl:

Conroe PD just placed 2 ST1300's in service. Very sharp looking, will attempt a photo op. They're patrolling school zones during the week, probably related to no cellphone in schoolzone rule :clap:

I'm going to be good, I'm going to be good, I'm going to be good, I'm going to be good and not ..........................

I saw a FWPD bike downtown last week parked up on the sidewalk by cantina Laredo.

'Twas an ST1300.
It's space mates were 2 hawgs.

I think FWPD gives the motor guys the $$ for a monthly payment and they buy what scratches their itch for a work mobile ?

how about two honda's for the price of one harley if I was on a budget thats what I would do ,

how about two honda's for the price of one harley if I was on a budget thats what I would do ,

I don't think the numbers are that different anymore. The ST's have jumped up a couple grand in the last two years. :eek2:

Agree that police should "ride American". Shame Excelsior or Penton aren't still in business... :-P

you guys aren't really serious about only riding american, are you? Most of them carry guns made in Austria, etc. With police work you want to use the best-I thnk most of us will agree on that.

Okay...Ride American...

How about a Victory?

but that still goes back to a why the Hondas and BMW's are being bought - they handle and perform better for the task than a cruiser-based mount...

The answer is Buell...

The answer WAS Buell

We're I an officer, the last sidearm I would chose today is a snubby .38. Why? While it is a great firearm, but it falls short in areas such as accuracy beyond point-blank and its 6 round capacity. A Harley cop bike is a .38. Good...trusty...reliable...but, not the fastest, the best nor the most capable any more.

Agree that police should "ride American". Shame Excelsior or Penton aren't still in business... :-P

Penton is not 100% gone... they were bought by an Austrian company and still making the finest bikes available today.

saw 3 mounted officers on new? honda st1300s i believe the other day
anyone have the story if these are new to plano?

I saw recently on a weekend in Georgetown, a police officer riding a DL1000 V-Strom. It was his own personal bike and he had outfitted it with all the needed lights. He said it was more nimble for funeral processions and small-town traffic patrol.

This is interesting considering that Georgetown police use mainly ST1300s.

RB

Cleburne PD has 3 R1150RTPs that they ride the snot out of!

I know a officer up in OK and they were looking at bikes for starting a motor patrol. He test rode the ST, RT, and Harley. He immediatly wrote off the Harley and was leaning towards picking out the F650GS-P last I heard.

I say ride/drive/use whatever is best for the job. Where it comes from doesn't matter so much to me :shrug:

After the way Harley has treated thier American workers (Harley and Buell) this year, I wouldn't buy from them, even if they started making bikes that weren't overpriced, under powered, or heavier than a Ford dually. :miffed:

The top goobers at HD made horrible decisions and with no sense of responsibility or loyalty and they dropped working people in the unemployment lines.

Back