• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One Crazy Ride

Jaguar

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Sharing with you a glimpse of another movie by Gaurav Jani, who did "Riding Solo...". We showed this movie at the Richardson, Tx theaters this halloween weekend. The movie got Jury's award at Flagstaff, AZ film festival this Oct.

Check out the trailer, Its adventure biking with twists of its own. Going into hostile territory with no backup, no support, no maps, no GPS only the will to find the forgotten route that no one may have used in decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb4558ym5w&NR=1

I could not figure out how to embed the video here. SO link to the Youtube.

Hi Riders
Gaurav Jani (Director of Riding Solo and One Crazy Ride) will be in town May 24th and we are screening "One Crazy Ride" at the MJCycles at http://www.royalenfieldoffortworth.com/

Let us know if any of you folks will join us. Write to Michael at mjwholesale1@hotmail.com and let him know your willingness so he can plan accordingly. There is no charge to watch the movie that will be screened in his parking lot or backyard weather permitting.

See Ya All

Avi

Since it would be outdoors, we'd have to wait for the sun to start going down, I'd estimate between 8:30 and 8:45pm. Its a 90min. movie just so you can plan.

Avi

The bikes dont look to be well suited to the terrain ( no knobbly tyres, etc) but I assume they are Indian so they should be able to get spare parts. Looks like an amazing adventure, I would love to see the entire video..

Gary

The Beauty of these bikes is light weight, simple to maintain (watch the movie to see), decent ground clearance, but these are changing with time.
I am screening both these movies at the BMOA New Ulm Rally This 18th and 19th.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SldSSPxWMfk"]Riding Solo to the Top of the World[/ame] - Click to watch the trailer
2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb4558ym5w"]One Crazy Ride[/ame] - Click to watch the trailer

Avi

Its not about the shoes, it's about what you do in them. So said Michael Jordan in one of his Nike commercials. I think the same can be said of motorcycles. On my website, I recommend not waiting for the perfect touring bike and all the farkles. Just tie a bag on whatever you ride and do it. No excuses.

mad-mac-v-max.jpg

The adventures of Jaguar and his friends are truly amazing. As for their machines, Royal Enfield licensed by the British Crown in 1890 began production of motorcycles in India in 1956. The company and the Empire have since collapsed, but India has continue producing Enfield motorcycles making it the oldest motorcycle marque in the world, surpassing even that of Harley Davidson. When I was a teenager in the 1960s, I yearned for a Royal Enfield Interceptor.

Hi Mac
So rightly put and well said. Are we meeting at New Ulm Rally on the 18th May. I am screening both the movies there.

Jaguar

Last edited:
I'd have to see someone ride across that bridge before I would even consider it... :eek2:

Looks like an awesome adventure!

I also think it's fantastic to see a lady riding with the team. My wife loves to ride DS, but we rarely meet any other ladies out there, I think most are too intimidated by all the men, so its great to see one riding on these videos..

But can't you get knobbly tyres in the royal enfield wheel sizes?? :lol2:

Gary

Scott
Gary ordered 2 DVDs of the videos and $5 are already on their way to TWT donation. Well there is a trick to crossing those bridges, never put weight of the wheel on a plank for too long. It has become a fashion to cross those bridges after folks watched the movie.
I am not able to open a thread on vendor forum, says I do not have permissions, can you help?

Jaguar

I wish I still lived in Texas to see the screening and meet Jaguar in person.. Will have to watch the DVD's from the comfort of my living room with a good curry and some Kingfisher beer!! ;-)

Gary

Scott
Gary ordered 2 DVDs of the videos and $5 are already on their way to TWT donation. Well there is a trick to crossing those bridges, never put weight of the wheel on a plank for too long. It has become a fashion to cross those bridges after folks watched the movie.
I am not able to open a thread on vendor forum, says I do not have permissions, can you help?

Jaguar

Yes. I'll change the permissions for your account.

I tried ordering the CDs and paying via Paypal. Ran afoul of some attempt to verify my account through a phone call where the number had to match the address. I tried using my work number and work address and it didn't like it. I'll try from home later.

As for donations to the site, you might want to send many at once in a single transaction versus sending an immediate separate donation for each sale. Paypal racks up the fees if you do a bunch of small transactions versus fewer larger transactions.

You should be able to create a vendor thread now. Let me know if you can't.

Hi Mac
So rightly put and well said. Are we meeting at New Ulm Rally on the 18th May. I am screening both the movies there.

Jaguar

Thanks for the invitation, Jaguar. Though New Ulm is not far from Houston, I am not in Houston this month and will not be be able to attend. As they say in show business, "break a leg". An American idiom... may not be a good choice for motorcyclists... in other words, have a good show!

Mac

Very nice trailers, the movies must be fantastic!

The movies are GREAT! We met these guys when they visited Richardson a while back and bought the second movie, we already had Solo to the Top of the World. These folks are real nice people too.

I agree with Tourmeister on that bridge. I'm not going to be at the front of the line.

just got me a DVD, too. Looks like a lot of fun..

Jaguar I wish you could make your way to the Austin area to screen your movies..

I'll order the DVDs anyway, but still would like to see the screening.. ;-)

Tim

Well Tim
If we can get the interested folks together and the logistics can be managed sure we can make it happen. Let me know whats on your mind and how and when you wanna do it.

Back