• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Checking in from Kandahar

cwadej

Reaction score
1/3 of the way through my stay here now. Weather is getting cold. Then hot. Typical desert weather. The sad news is that my command has officially mandated no motorcycle. :(

Not even allowed to have a bicycle!

Anyway, we're all just plugging along. Amanda is doing well in Kuwait. Lots of work for her so she's enjoying it.

Our 15 year old daughter has decided she wants to learn to ride, so as soon as we get home she's gonna start lessons. Need to find something small for her. She can handle the V-Star, but that wouldnt get another bike in the garage :)

i hope everyone there is doing well.

guess that's all for now.

Too bad you can't get in a ride now and then. Thanks for your service!!!

Glad to hear you and yours are doing ok. We'll be waiting for you!

I should be heading over to KAF right after Christmas. Spent last Christmas in Kabul, so I had no intention of missing another one back-to-back. There is a chance I'll go straight to BAF and be assigned there, but that is uncertain at this point. Right now my orders are for KAF. We should try to meet for coffee at Green Beans. Will pass through Ali Al Saleem to catch my flight into country no matter which place I may be assigned. Let me know if there is something that needs to be hand carried.

We all hope you're doing ok there.
Be safe. :hail: :patriot:

+3!

Chris, we are conspiring on just how to disassemble your 'Strom and how many boxes to store it in... :trust:

Congrats on the daughter wanting to ride. :thumb:

You and the Mrs. hang in there! :patriot:

Good to hear from you.

Amanda is doing well in Kuwait. Lots of work for her so she's enjoying it.

Our 15 year old daughter has decided she wants to learn to ride, so as soon as we get home she's gonna start lessons. Need to find something small for her. She can handle the V-Star, but that wouldnt get another bike in the garage :)

Amanda is your wife? Also in the service? Where is your daughter?

Yes, Amanda is my wife. Sationed at Ali Al Saleem. Maybe Ghost Rider will run into her before me? The daughter is with her best friend just down the street from my parents.

Ghost rider, shoot me a pm and we'll arrange to meet when you get here.

Looks like I will be assigned to 3/10 on KAF. By-passing CRC and will SPR on Fort Hood. Will catch a mil-air flight out of Dallas. I'll send a PM so you can have my AKO address. Let me know if I need to drop-off or pick-up anything in Kuwait.

Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes. I have been retired from active duty since 2002 and this is deployment number seven in a support role. My deployments are much shorter, usually half of what the Soldiers endure, and I can vouch that any encouragement from friends, family, and supporters is always welcome and can literally make a difference in day to day morale. It's a balmy 120 degrees, your back is screaming from wearing body armor, and your k-pot is grinding the hair out of your scalp.... it is easy to get fed up. But then, a Soldier receives a letter from a school aged child, or a care package for "Any Soldier". These make a world of difference to a young soldier. Its still just as hot, the body armor is still just as cumbersome, but for a short while the conflict is put on hold while the Soldier is reminded that someone whom they may have never met is thinking of them.

Back