• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good Morning America rides the Dragon

I love it. Put him on a cruiser and he drags the footboards, weaves from inner to outer line, wears a beanie helmet. What a man.:rofl:

Now take him at Arkansas up at Eureka Springs.:rider:

Larry
VFRrider

Nicely done. I admit I'm surprised to see something like that on a main stream show....

:thumb::thumb:

Nice segment.

Nothing wrong with scraping boards so long as they're hinged. Makes a nice fireworks show.:trust:

New Indian = $35,000 and owned by the British.

That was a nice piece. My first thought was oh great, more tourists. But then I realized, It's not like the place was a secret among motorcyclists and car nuts any way. :lol2:

I went to the Indian site and bought a t-shirt. The shirt I bought last time they were in business is worn out. :mrgreen:

I sent this link to all the motorcyclists in the office and was amazed how many of them had never heard of the Dragon.

I thought every biker dreamed of it, sort of like how 8 year olds do with Disneyland.
InfC178.jpg

I especially liked the sportbiker passing the group and then ripping a big wheelie in the distance. I wonder if it was staged or not. Few things are more frustrating than getting stuck behind a piddling group of rubber-neckers on cruisers when you're trying to ride a road like that. It'll definitely make you tare-*** past them at the first opportunity.

I agree. It's not that the bikes going under the speed limit, it's the blocking manuevers that results in not letting faster traffic pass.

I have been passed by people in the mountains when riding with slower groups. We allign to the right of our lane and wave the faster riders by. It's just polite, like Texans ought to be in the first place.

Interesting note - They are usually old couples on Goldwings.

I especially liked the sportbiker passing the group and then ripping a big wheelie in the distance. I wonder if it was staged or not. Few things are more frustrating than getting stuck behind a piddling group of rubber-neckers on cruisers when you're trying to ride a road like that. It'll definitely make you tare-*** past them at the first opportunity.

+1

I agree. It's not that the bikes going under the speed limit, it's the blocking manuevers that results in not letting faster traffic pass.

I have been passed by people in the mountains when riding with slower groups. We allign to the right of our lane and wave the faster riders by. It's just polite, like Texans ought to be in the first place.

Interesting note - They are usually old couples on Goldwings.

:rider: I wish more would be " polite " :rider:

Don't be haters share and enjoy the road. I had to pass some sport bikes on 149 friday that doesn't makem bad people. Its better than cagers on phones. A lady passed me Sunday on 45 and was texting looked up saw red lights and flipped her car twice almost taking out a blue car on the feeder. If you are so fast pass them and enjoy your day!

Don't be haters share and enjoy the road. I had to pass some sport bikes on 149 friday that doesn't makem bad people.

That's not really the point -- at least it wasn't my point. For example, we got stuck behind a cruiser guy on the Sisters a few weeks ago who was seemingly intentionally holding-up the traffic behind him. If a yellow speed sign said "20 MPH" going into a curve, he'd literally go 15. He was riding near the yellow line, gawking all around, refusing to move over, and otherwise acting entitled to backing-up the traffic behind him.

'Share the road' works both ways. With regard to the Dragon, a line of 10 or 20 staggered cruisers going five under and refusing to compromise is more than just rude -- it's dangerous.

:thumb:

I thought that was pretty fun. Cheesy morning coffee talk show fare, yes, but better than most. I love the let's do it again at the end.

'Share the road' works both ways. With regard to the Dragon, a line of 10 or 20 staggered cruisers going five under and refusing to compromise is more than just rude -- it's dangerous.

:thumb:

+1

Our last trip through the dragon, I pulled out to let a faster bike pass hoping that the two slow-pokes in front of me would get the hint. They didn't. :miffed:

Nice segment.

Nothing wrong with scraping boards so long as they're hinged. Makes a nice fireworks show.:trust:

to be honest, I've only scraped the floorboards on my Guzzi once. On the other hand, I didn't take it on the Dragon.

:tab The timing of your visit is everything when going to Deal's Gap. If you are going to ride it, visit on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I've done both and literally been the only person on the road the entire length and back. If you want to see people and bikes, go on a weekend, particularly Saturday. I've seen it so packed it was hard to get your bike in the parking lot.

:tab I seem to recall there is only one spot where there is no a double yellow(?). Given how tight it is in many places, any passing is risky, even when the person in front is cooperating. My view is that for many riders, Deal's Gap may be the most technical road they have ever been on. If I am "stuck" behind someone, I don't assume they know I am there because they may be so focused on the road ahead that they are failing to watch behind them. At the pace some riders want to run though, even if slow riders are watching their mirrors some, a fast rider may not wait for them to notice or give a chance to move over. I had this happen to me and the fast guy passed me on the inside without me knowing he was coming. To say that this made me angry would be a gross understatement. I would be more than happy to move over where possible.

:tab For the really good riding though, I prefer to avoid Deal's Gap. There are many roads in the area that are as good or better and have almost no traffic, even on weekends.

:tab The timing of your visit is everything when going to Deal's Gap. If you are going to ride it, visit on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I've done both and literally been the only person on the road the entire length and back. If you want to see people and bikes, go on a weekend, particularly Saturday. I've seen it so packed it was hard to get your bike in the parking lot.

:tab I seem to recall there is only one spot where there is no a double yellow(?). Given how tight it is in many places, any passing is risky, even when the person in front is cooperating. My view is that for many riders, Deal's Gap may be the most technical road they have ever been on. If I am "stuck" behind someone, I don't assume they know I am there because they may be so focused on the road ahead that they are failing to watch behind them. At the pace some riders want to run though, even if slow riders are watching their mirrors some, a fast rider may not wait for them to notice or give a chance to move over. I had this happen to me and the fast guy passed me on the inside without me knowing he was coming. To say that this made me angry would be a gross understatement. I would be more than happy to move over where possible.

:tab For the really good riding though, I prefer to avoid Deal's Gap. There are many roads in the area that are as good or better and have almost no traffic, even on weekends.

+1

My visit was on a Wed and there was very little traffic. And I found Push Mountain Road in Arkansas to be much more fun.

Back