• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OK, so if no one is going to comment on my avatar...

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Brandt
...(I switched it a whole week ago).... I'm going to change it back. Not for a couple weeks though.

I know, I know, no pics yet(Ana, Becca help me out here?), so it isn't official, but I have just been assimilated. I had mixed emotions about this purchase as I was buying it from someone who I love to think of as a motorcyclist, and knowing they were getting out of riding, for now, made me a little melancholy. As I rode it home in the light rain this afternoon down FM 762, smiling broadly, I know I've done the right thing. The bike is a joy for me to ride, so light, so responsive, with so many nice customizations, I feel very fortunate. I was tempted to try out the ABS on the way home, but having promised to take good care of it, I'll defer that test for a little while. I did, however, flirt with the red line a few times:oops:.

I guess the Concours's going to have to sit in the driveway under its cover for a while until I can figure out how to re-arrange the garage.

I'll close with a very public thank-you to Ana for all the great work she's done on this bike. I 'm telling myself you're starting a fund to pay for that new Honda Deauville someday. In the meantime, best wishes on whatever endeavors you undertake.

And oh yeah, can I keep the flag decals on the touratechs? I know the yelllow/blue/red one, but wasn't sure about the lion or white on blue cross. Hope that won't be the only reminder of you. I'm thinking that bike may hijack me up to Marini's on Wednesday every so often.

Hey Tom,

I honestly didn't notice you changed your avatar before now. The strom is great bike, you are going to enjoy it a lot I am certain.

I was wondering what had happened to Ana, I rarely see her post on here anymore, you explain why.

Keep the stickers on the cases... go places and add more!

We were lucky enough to get a visit from Tom and his new baby after he picked her up:

11045182114817763538572.jpg

Ok, so to make it official, here's Tom taking the Strom on his first ride as the newest member of the collective:

Tom-VSTROM.jpg

Having barely been on the bike this year I decided to let it go and let someone else enjoy it rather than seeing it collecting dust and cobwebs on my garage. At this time I'm not sure when or if I'll get back to riding, work and many other personal considerations weighed in the decision, so believe when I say I thought about this hard and long.

At least I'm happy it went to someone in the TWT family who will enjoy it and appreciate it as I did during the short but sweet 16,500 miles I put on it.

AS for the decals--You're more than welcome to keep them! One was a memento from my riding trip to Scotland. The other flag is from the homeland (which if you noticed they're upside down as a sign of protest).

Here's wishing you many happy (s)miles on the Strom!

Welcome to the collective! :borg:
What a great looking motorcycle - let no one tell you differently - the Oort Grey ones are by far the best.
Now quick! Go buy a Madstad bracket. You'll be thankful later.

IMHO, Star Trek TNG has been the best series yet. Kirk may have pulled all the alien women but Picard is definitely the most suave.

NICE AVATAR!!! & NICE BIKE!!!

I was waiting to comment knowing I'd have to because resistance was futile:giveup:

Nice Bike - come to my tech day so Graeme and Bill can look it over an ooooh and awwwww

Corrected it for you Moose

Nice bike Tom, what you going to call it Xana ?

Ok, I see what you did, very clever:rolleyes: and maybe even a little appropriate?:lol2: Nicely done. I was always kind of partial to Gabrielle myself. As for naming, never been big on that but who knows.

As for borrowing things, I about jumped off the seat :eek2:when I used the horn (Stebel) on the way home today. Forgot all about Bill's demo of it inside the garage during installation at one of your tech days:angel:.

I picked up on the change but didn't make the connection to Ana's bike. I'm sorry to hear Ana is taking a break, but I'm glad a TWT member also picked it up.

Many happy miles to you!

Ok Tom,
the avatar is ugly. I'll withhold comment on the bike. :rofl:

j/k....congrats on the new toy.

but I have just been assimilated. I had mixed emotions about this purchase as I was buying it from someone who I love to think of as a motorcyclist, and knowing they were getting out of riding, for now, made me a little melancholy.

Yep, resistance was futile. Welcome to fun but ugly 'Stromville. :thumb:

Having barely been on the bike this year I decided to let it go and let someone else enjoy it rather than seeing it collecting dust and cobwebs on my garage. At this time I'm not sure when or if I'll get back to riding, work and many other personal considerations weighed in the decision, so believe when I say I thought about this hard and long.

At least I'm happy it went to someone in the TWT family who will enjoy it and appreciate it as I did during the short but sweet 16,500 miles I put on it.

Aw, have missed seeing you, Ana. Hope that something changes in the future and you are active on 2 wheels again.

Dang... I will really miss your reports Ana! I really enjoy the kinds of photos you take and your perspective on things. If you get to do any more traveling, even without a bike, it would sure be cool if you did reports for us ;-)

Dang... I will really miss your reports Ana! I really enjoy the kinds of photos you take and your perspective on things. If you get to do any more traveling, even without a bike, it would sure be cool if you did reports for us ;-)

+1

+2

Back