• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is there such this as a motorcycle junkyard?

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering undertaking a new project. It would be a triked sportbike.

Aside from surfing craigslist and ebay, are there other places to browse viable motorcycles (for cheap)?

I'm considering undertaking a new project. It would be a triked sportbike.

Aside from surfing craigslist and ebay, are there other places to browse viable motorcycles (for cheap)?

Bates Cycle up in Copeville (near Rockwall) seems to have a good supply of parts and both running and "project" bikes.

http://www.batescycle.com/

Thanks guys. I totally didn't search :oops:

I do want to touch, feel, and crawl around something before taking it home so local is good. Plus I can just toss it in the truck instead of ordering online, sight unseen. It'll be a full bike. Small parts aren't a worry.

ooooh, I want to go junk yard exploring.

ooooh, I want to go junk yard exploring.

When my wife and I were rebuilding an old Honda Shadow, she found the exact side cover (god shape, right color) at this place:

UNION MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE
6345 long Drive
Houston, TX 77087
Phone: 713/643-1012
Visa/MC/Discover/Am. Express.
Japanese bikes.
UPS. unioncyc@ev1.net

I like to spend time at this one, smaller but better organized and friendlier:

HOUSTON CYCLE SALVAGE
3317 Red Bluff Rd.
Pasadena, TX 77503
Phone: 713-472-0020
Fax: 713-472-0045
Visa/MC/Discover/Am. Express/Checks.
All brands, ATVs & watercraft.
Fedex/UPS/COD/Export
houmc@sbcglobal.net

Here are some that are a little closer to Grapevine:

• Bates Used Motorcycle Parts Garland.

DANO'S MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 5985 Fall Creek Highway - Grandbury, TX 76049 Phone: 817 326-5700

• Enthusiast Cycle 972-572-9253 (57-cycle) 202 E. Woodhaven Ave. Duncanville,Tx. 75116

MR. MOTORCYCLE SALVAGE - 5625 Jacksboro Highway - Fort Worth, TX 76114 Phone: 817 624-7861 Fax: 817 625-8128

Be aware you may end up spending more at the salvage yards on parts than you will on ebay.

Be aware you may end up spending more at the salvage yards on parts than you will on ebay.

Not my first rodeo buying parts. I know that one. I'm looking for a bike. For what I'm looking for, local is going to be cheaper.

I lived at the motorcycle junk yard in Lufkin when I was in college. Where else could you find parts for a 1986 interceptor before ebay was big?

Thanks for all the junk yard lists. next time I'm in Houston I need to do some shopping.

Not my first rodeo buying parts. I know that one. I'm looking for a bike. For what I'm looking for, local is going to be cheaper.

Maybe but check ebay. For anything but rare items there price will be lower. Local you can find rare items for a bargain because their isn't enough local demand. Of course it all can depend on who is working the counter any day

Maybe but check ebay. For anything but rare items there price will be lower. Local you can find rare items for a bargain because their isn't enough local demand. Of course it all can depend on who is working the counter any day

Cool - will do. You're right, I should keep my eyes peeled out for all options :chug:

Cool - will do. You're right, I should keep my eyes peeled out for all options :chug:

I do. My local parts yard charges $75 for gauges as a base rate. For 100 I may get a parts bike off craigslist or $25 + shipping for a set from ebay. I watch them all!!

Mr. Motorcycle is no longer at the location or phone # listed.
He sold the business several years ago and I do not know if the buyer has it in operation either at this time.

Mr. Motorcycle is no longer at the location or phone # listed.
He sold the business several years ago and I do not know if the buyer has it in operation either at this time.

Mr. Motorcycle is now on N.E. 28th Street just west of Beach.

Good to know. Probably smart to call ahead to any place. Traffic around here is brutal and a wrong move at the wrong time leads to headaches.

In East Texas there is Red Springs Motorcycle. Off FM 14 North of Tyler. 903 858-2252. He has a lot of Japanese bikes including Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc. Prices are very reasonable. You have to remove the parts, though. I grew up helping my Dad rebuild Model A and Model B Fords and I spent a lot of time in "junk" yards scrounging parts so taking them off is no big deal. Just have to watch for black widow spiders and snakes!

I have been by the salvage yard in Red Springs several times. Most of the stuff outside is pretty rough. Wear leather boots and protection. Lots of high weeds and brush.

SL350 on this forum has a brother that owns a big salvage yard on the south side of Houston. This is a well organized salvage yard. I've been there with SL350.

Union Salvage is just south of the loop in Houston, Long drive IIRC. He has a lot of old stuff and parts but I think he pulls them. That might be true with all breakers now cause I know Bates in Garland quit letting us pull them.

Union had to get rid of the bikes because of issues with the City.he has tons of parts but you are looking thru shelves, piles, and boxes for the older stuff with almost nothing listed.

Out in Channelview there is Land's Cycles (281) 452-1177. I 10 east just outside bltwy 8. Ross is a great mech and service is their main buisness but they do have a yard full of old bikes, hundreds of them. Call first and they can let you know if they have bikes for you to look at, the model you need I mean. Lots of parts still there and you pull them or they will pull and ship to you if you want. Not a lot of new stuff but a lot of old parts.

Nice one Arkansas just north of Mena on 71, sounds like a weekend
trip

Cool place.

Ozarks06120.jpg

Back