• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW High Mileage awards

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Robert Krull over at Lonestar BMW and I were talking about the High Mileage award program with BMW, and got to thinking about who has what. The BMW MOA publishes their High Mileage awards every so often, and this month Voni Glaves (Voni on the board here) received her 900,000 mile award as did Ardys Kellerman, also at 900,000 miles on brand-specific bikes. :clap:

Along with this we got talking about who of this group was planning on attending Lonestar BMW's annual holiday party, and the possibility of a group picture then calculating the miles in the group.

So...... who on the board has received a BMW High Mileage award, what level are you at, and are you planning on attending the Holiday Party at Lonestar BMW on December 12th 11:30-4:00?

I've received my 100K award and plan on being there.

Anyone else?

EDIT: (RSVP's as of 11/26/09 on who will be there....)
Ardys Kellerman - 900,000 miles
Voni Glaves - 900,000 miles
Paul Glaves - 600,000 miles
Hank Arriazola - 500,000 miles
Mike Darnell - 500,000 miles
Robert Krull - 400,000 miles
Sonny J - 300,000 miles
Carla Cay Krull - 200,000 miles
Roger Honea - 200,000 miles
Paul Mulhern - 200,000 miles
David Haun - 200,000 miles
Scott Strance - 100,000 miles
Steve Goodman - 100,000 miles
Rudy DiSanto - 100,000 miles

Total: 5.2 MILLION documented BMW Miles (...or as Voni says - sMiles)

Last edited:
I've probably got 200,000 but not on a BMW. I'll probably go if for no other reason than to drop off a donation check.

I'll be there ; )
I'll add my 900,000!

And I'll bring Paul with his 600,000!

Voni
sMiling

Voni dear...you and Ardy are total studs!

Congratulations on the accomplishment.

icon_clap.gif

RB

I've probably got 200,000 but not on a BMW. I'll probably go if for no other reason than to drop off a donation check.

That's part of my problem, I end up riding a combination of my bikes everywhere, so it makes it harder to put any real miles on just the RT.

Wayne

That's part of my problem, I end up riding a combination of my bikes everywhere, so it makes it harder to put any real miles on just the RT.

Wayne

Yea..that is the case with most of us with multiple bike syndrome, but Voni did the real Iron Butt, which only a very small number of riders have completed that on TWTEX.

We all are powder puffs when compared to her and Ardy, the grandma.

icon_crackup.gif

RB

I'll be there ; )
I'll add my 900,000!

And I'll bring Paul with his 600,000!

Voni
sMiling

Great!
So that's 1.5 MILLION BMW miles between the two of you. Add Roberts 400K, my 100K, and we're up to TWO MILLION miles with four people. Ardys will most probably be there for 2.9MM BMW miles.

We're hoping for others to chime in.... See where this is going?

How does BMW keep track? Honor system? Service records?

How does BMW keep track? Honor system? Service records?

A combination of both. The individual owner primarily keeps track of the bikes and miles per bike, then submits a form with the information the dealer has to verify/sign. There's two different groups that provide awards to include BMW Motoraad and the BMW MOA if you are a member.

Don't forget that Voni is going to let Paul tag along so that will be another 600K. Carla Cay who is doing all the baking will of course be there and she is getting very close to 200K. If Mike "Wookie" Darnell shows up there is another 500K. Heck, we might be getting close to 5 million miles!!!
Robert

Don't forget that Voni is going to let Paul tag along so that will be another 600K. Carla Cay who is doing all the baking will of course be there and she is getting very close to 200K. If Mike "Wookie" Darnell shows up there is another 500K. Heck, we might be getting close to 5 million miles!!!
Robert

OK, first post updated with the new info....

And I found the card of the one we spoke of.... Sonny J., also of Austin. I think he's good for 300, maybe 400K. I'll email him and find out if he's coming.

Last edited:
I think I didn't read your post good enough so I goofed up. Again. But I'm old.
Whatever, we are gonna have some heavy duty riders there. And just think guys, the two leaders of the pack are GIRLS!!!!!
Robert

I think Lyle Grimes is up to about 1.2 million. And a few others I've met also up over the million. I had filled out my paper work with him on the 100K just BMW miles several years ago but never sent it in. I missed seeing Lyle this last weekend at the Swamp Scooters Rally near Lafayette, La. Had other plans already in force.

What impressed me the most was Voni's mileage mark when she and Paul decided to win BMWONs annual mileage contest. I forget what the mileage was that summer but for sure she has not forgot. I think she near lived on bikes for that 6 month period.

I still kinda sort miss doing the BMW rallies across the country. Met many fine people here and there and you do stack on the sMiles making them. ;-)

Wayne

I understand that Wayne,
I had up to 3 bikes at the same time I was stacking up 124,000 BMW miles in 11 years. Only one BMW at a time. If I would of got rid of the KLR and DRZs and DRs during that period of time, who knows.
Now up to 43,000 Suzuki miles in the last 3 years. Sigh!

Let's aim for somewhere around noon for the group shot. I'll let the San Antonio Riders know.

We can send the picture to BMW MOA Owners News. A world's record is in our grasp!!!!

Voni
sMiling

Hi, All,
I never applied to BMWMOA for any of the mileage awards, but back in 1999 I received the 200k award from BMWNA, now BMW Motorrad. If I did apply to MOA or Motorrad, I could easily go over 300k now.
Ride safe,
Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
'95 K75RT
'95 K75RTP
'94 K75A/3

I bought a 1985 BMW RT100 that has 206,000 miles on it. The original owner put a full 200k.
Still a great riding bike (once I get a left muffler for it)

Hi, All,
I never applied to BMWMOA for any of the mileage awards, but back in 1999 I received the 200k award from BMWNA, now BMW Motorrad. If I did apply to MOA or Motorrad, I could easily go over 300k now.
Ride safe,
'95 K75RT
'95 K75RTP
'94 K75A/3

That's a bunch-o-miles..... Are you planning on making the Lonestar Party?

Hi, M38A1,
I know nothing about the Lonestar party. I have never visited Lonestar. I know they are in (or near) Austin and I'm in El Paso. It would be a 1200 mile trip for me to make the party. When is it and what will be happening there?
Ride Safe,
'95 K75RT
'95 K75RTP
'94 K75A/3

December 12th, folks will decend on Lonestar BMW from all over the state for what basically amounts to a food/toy drive and bbq party with a spread of desserts that'll keep anyone going for miles and miles. It's truely amazing! Robert and Peter have been doing this for quite some time now and it's for a good cause and a good excuse to see old friends and make some new ones.

Twelve hundred miles? Whey you've got a couple hundred thousand, what's another thousand? lol.....

Here's the scoop:
http://lonestarcycle.com/

List updated. We're now up to 5.2 Million miles for who will be there!

~m

Last edited:
Hi Valcyr, if you will send me your bikes, vin and mileage I can put you in for the BMW mileage awards if you wish. No prize money, but a nice medallion and bragging rights. And the price is right!
I've started to try and put up attendees and interest is really growing. So we are shooting for 10 million miles total. Ought to be fun. And remember, it's two girls who are leading the show here. Voni and Ardys. And I KNOW they would drive 1200 miles for free food.
Robert

Don't forget that it is not Robert (Hi, Robert) but his wife who makes the desserts!!!! Wish I could make it this year. Too many 'on the road' days this year. Tell CC "Howdy" from Eric West

Hello Mr. West. I'll tell her to look on this thread herself. She is a member! And sorry you can't make it. CC has her mother down here helping out and they are going through the cookbooks looking for new goodies to bake. And the really bad part is that I can't even sample most of these! They are well guarded and then sealed really well. But, every once in awhile I manage to get lucky and catch them off guard.
Robert

Back