• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kentucky to Alaska...on a bicycle

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
1258679263.jpg

Met the neatest family of 5 the other day. They are riding 7000 miles on this bicycle with two adults and three girls ages 3 to 6. Saw this bike after finishing up my ride in my small town. We donated to the cause and helped out with thier laundry. Just wanted to be a part of this history making event. Check out thier web site www.pedouin.org. You can donate on this site if you so desire. Good Christian people. The bike fully loaded weighs #700!

A few months ago in Arkansas I chatted with a couple of guys riding from California to North Carolina each on their own bike of course. Their trip doesn't seem like anything compared to this one. Couldn't imagine handling that bike especially with the kids. "Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

You can keep up with thier progress on the web site. Bill also has a Face book page. They average between 30 to 60 miles a day.

I dont have facebook. If I had my own place I would let them stay over.

I have family in Abilene but I doubt any of them would be into this.

I wish them luck. I suspect they'll have many serious mechanical challenges and possibly a cracked frame before it's all said and done. It's hard enough to do something like that on a normal bike and I only did about 2K miles.

494858900_78oVG-M.jpg

He's already on his second hub and it won't free wheel. If he stops peddling the chain wants to come off.

That's a serious adventure right there. I'd love to do a trip like that, but with my kids? Wow... that's very impressive.

Wow. Now that's an adventure ride!

He's already on his second hub and it won't free wheel. If he stops peddling the chain wants to come off.
He must've expected that. There's no way any bicycle hub can handle 700# for very long.

And you thought it was important to get along with other riders on your trips!

DAaddyy!!!! She's not pedalling!!!!!! WAAAHhhhh!!!!!

Wow. Now that's an adventure ride!

He must've expected that. There's no way any bicycle hub can handle 700# for very long.

+1 and they haven't done any serious mountains yet. I'm guessing half that would be a good maximum.

Back