• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stolen Bike From Mesquite, Tx

Fixer

Reaction score
I dont know where to put this...sorry if its wrong.

My 07 was @ my painters shop getting ready for a photo shoot tomorrow. He called me this morning making sure I didnt pick the bike up last night w/out him knowing.

Some time between 1130pm last night and 11am today the bike was taken.

Sadly, no I didn't. Someone rammed the rear roll up door @ his shop, came in and swiped my bike.

So.... Bike was taken from Mesquite.

Here are some pictures. If you happen to see this bike around...or hear of anything like it..PLEASE contact me.

Thank you...

AJ
FGMotorsports@gmail.com
972-nyne Six ate - nyne juan ate fyve

07NewPaint7.JPG

07NewPaint5.JPG

07NewPaint4.JPG

07NewPaint3.JPG

07NewPaint2.JPG

07NewPaint.JPG

Sorry to hear it. :-(

I think because that the bike is so distinctive, that may work in your favor. It will get noticed and not lost among all the others.

Good luck on the recovery.

Dude, I am in Mesquite too and will keep an eye out for this scum.

Sorry to hear it. :-(

I think because that the bike is so distinctive, that may work in your favor. It will get noticed and not lost among all the others.
Because of that, I doubt it will appear locally. I suspect it will be transported somewhere well away from the area to a buyer.

Someone knew it was there, unless other bikes were also stolen and they decided they wanted that one, too. If yours was the target, someone who knew it was in the shop planned the theft. My guess is it has a buyer somewhere out of state. With its distinctive paint job, no rider with any kind of a brain would steal it and ride it around locally, even in this state. That would be like an advertisement.

I hope it is found and recovered. That is a fantastic paint job.

I've got a really bad feeling that paint job may already be "Kryloned" to keep it from standing out in the crowd. I hope the scumbags are caught but we have to face it, this won't be very high on the law enforcement list...

I agree with Skip!!

I'll bet some idiot "rattle-canned" over that beautiful paint and is riding it now.

Dang AJ, no good buddy. I hope something turns up quick. And I really hope that the guy riding it around is dumb enough to leave the color alone, so someone can spot it quickly.

I don't know if you can do this or not, but can you post this on Craigslist? It might be worth putting the word out there just in case.

Just thinkin'; anyone from your old neighborhood that drooled over your bike and knew where you moved to?

If they're smart, it'll be left in a trailer or warehouse unseen.

Sorry man. I hate to see this. I'm still searching the web for an easy DIY gps system that only YOU can see it and not have to pay some company to do what you can for free.

I'm crazy so I'd have a group friends follow each worker around.

Dude, that stinks. Sorry.

Crooks are stupid but not THAT stupid. A kid might leave it like that but if you ram the door and then steal a bike, it's probably painted or in a covered trailer somewhere.

Hopefully luck will play a part or a nosey cop will fanagle a search and find it.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've got a really bad feeling that paint job may already be "Kryloned" to keep it from standing out in the crowd. I hope the scumbags are caught but we have to face it, this won't be very high on the law enforcement list...

I didnt think it would be..but we had a thought it might have left to hunt cnty. I called them and gave them some info, the sheriff went out there THAT NIGHT!!!! The shop owner called and told us the officers where there looking through his shop. Glad to know they are following up on the info provided.

I agree with Skip!!

I'll bet some idiot "rattle-canned" over that beautiful paint and is riding it now.

They would have to do the wheels too...Ive not seen another bike with two tone wheels like mine. I am putting the word out to powder coating shops already. I started to call around some of the dealers that sell my lights....just spreading as much info as I can.

Dang AJ, no good buddy. I hope something turns up quick. And I really hope that the guy riding it around is dumb enough to leave the color alone, so someone can spot it quickly.

I don't know if you can do this or not, but can you post this on Craigslist? It might be worth putting the word out there just in case.

There is a posting on there from about 3 hrs after we noticed it was missing. We know people are seeing it. buddy got an email saying they saw the bike 3 weeks ago on the side of the 635 in the HOV lane... well that was me when I pulled over to help the guy that was down.... the bike really stood out!!!

Just thinkin'; anyone from your old neighborhood that drooled over your bike and knew where you moved to?

I moved to Tx from Cali.. No one knew it was @ the shop. Being the only sport bike on the ground (there were two bikes accessible)...I was the one that got nabed.

If they're smart, it'll be left in a trailer or warehouse unseen.

Sorry man. I hate to see this. I'm still searching the web for an easy DIY gps system that only YOU can see it and not have to pay some company to do what you can for free.

I'm crazy so I'd have a group friends follow each worker around.

I've found a couple DIY's..but I dont want to buy another phone...they say to use a Blackberry.

I've already sent a few emails out to some companies about becoming a retailer for some bike tracking products. I found one last night that is actually pretty in-expensive. I met a guy a few years ago @ the Pamona, Ca fair show....their product was excellent. I found one that does what I'm looking for...geo-Fencing, rider down, tilt sensor......I'll make a post about it when I get more info. I know a couple of my local riders are wanting them now...

As far as following the workers, there are two. One guy is now watching the shop 24 hrs a day. Based on conversations with the owner, I'm not thinking he had anything to do with it.

now just waiting on the claims office.

I think that Shadow is pretty correct on this kinda crime. Although it's also common for insiders (that know of a particular bike) to come back later and get it...too often these perps are part of organized crime efforts, and stolen stuff moves to a different region to help foil the Law.

Why not watch the Craigslist items in cities all over, and not only local, as it might help. Good luck.

I moved to Tx from Cali.. No one knew it was @ the shop. Being the only sport bike on the ground (there were two bikes accessible)...I was the one that got nabed.

Personally I couldn't help looking real hard at the employees and clients of that shop.
Sorry to hear about this and I hope you get it back.

Personally I couldn't help looking real hard at the employees and clients of that shop.
Sorry to hear about this and I hope you get it back.

That's what I was thinking. I would wonder what kind of clients came through there while the bike was there. Someone had to know that was in there, or they wouldn't have busted through the backdoor. IMO.

Hard to figure. The bike is too distinctive to sell.

If the thief was going to repaint it, why not just steal a stock bike in a less secure place?

Or maybe it was just easy to break in there, now that they have it, they may not know what to do with it?

Maybe there are other trick parts (like the wheels) that can be chopped?

Hard to figure. The bike is too distinctive to sell.

If the thief was going to repaint it, why not just steal a stock bike in a less secure place?

Or maybe it was just easy to break in there, now that they have it, they may not know what to do with it?

Maybe there are other trick parts (like the wheels) that can be chopped?

the wheels would have to be re done, just like the plastics. I've not seen another 10r with a green rear wheel with black spoke inlays or a black front wheel with green spoke inlays.

Coming from someone who's had two bikes stolen, I offer my deepest sympathy. It's a really sucky situation. Especially when you lose something as personalized as that.

On the up side...if there is one...looks like an excuse for a new project.

im not sure I want another bike. sad thing is.....this will probably make the wife put hers up for sale since I won't be riding. which sucks cause she really enjoys it.

im just not seeing the point right now of having nice stuff. im going to focus on getting my datsun looking a bit better & maybe that will calm me.

just feel blah..

I hate to hear about things like this, I had two bikes stolen from me while living in Vegas. Hope you catch them good luck

that sucks, and especially so with suck a fantastic paint job.
you might try the craigs list search helper and search key words in cities up to 600 miles or so away, heck maybe even further.

A the brother of a good friend of mine, was kind of the family "black sheep" type, and got busted selling ATVs here in Texas that had been lifted in Lousiana. He had also lited a few here and sent them there for sale.

Back