• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ninja 650r or street triple. we have a winner.

Reaction score
First Name
Ray
It took a couple of weeks, but i made my decision and now have a 2009 lime green ninja 650r in the garage.

For maybe the first time in my life i listened to my head rather than my heart. I took everything into consideration, my riding style,comfort,reliability,distance of the dealers from my house,price,etc.....

The ninja won out, though it was a very tough decision. In my mind the Triumph has more "prestige" and a better "image" out on the street, but those really arent good reasons to buy something. The "beginner bike" label that people throw on the ninja bothers me alittle bit, as i am not a beginner, but i am not going to worry about that either.

I previously owned a speed triple and i remembered the time i was riding down the street and went to upshift and came up empty, i looked down and my shift lever was hanging on by a thread,almost scraping the road. Maybe thats a lack of quality control, or perhaps it was dealer neglect, but that factored into my decision as well.

Being very unpredictable, 6 months from now i might be trading the ninja in for a street triple, but for now Snoopy is back on 2 wheels and happy to be so.

Now if it will just quit raining!

Great choice.... If my wife was interested in riding my SuperHawak, i'd be happy to ride her 650R.. its a fun bike for sure.. Enjoy.

Congrats on the new bike. I really liked that '09 650R but we just couldn't justify the new price at the time. I'm interested in seeing how you will compare the 650R to the SV. Have fun :rider:

I previously owned a speed triple and i remembered the time i was riding down the street and went to upshift and came up empty, i looked down and my shift lever was hanging on by a thread,almost scraping the road. Maybe thats a lack of quality control, or perhaps it was dealer neglect, but that factored into my decision as well.

Don't forget owner responsibility and pre-ride checks :duck: :chug:

Back