• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please Delete

CR315, CR310, Althus-Davis and a few others right in that area. NE of Fburg towards Marble Falls.

A lot of dirt out west of Enchanted rock between Mason and Fredsburg too and the world famous James River crossing is southwest of Mason . Get your copy of Maps of Texas and go have fun . SEYA

I had a yearning to go until I read the following line;

To University of Texas students and fans, TCP is a great sports bar, with plenty of enthusiasm for all the UT teams.

I still like the song though...

Gator what are you riding? The roads that Rusty mentioned are great for KLRs and the 990, but if you're on a DRZ or something they'll be fun and probably worth looking at but not "great" :). If you find any "great" dirt out there I'd love to hear about it and add it to my DS thread. It might be worth taking the run to Mason and then down James River Road. Buddy of mine was recently out that way on his new 1200 GS (although he's owned and ridden actual DS bikes as well). He mentioned Threadgill Creek Rd and Squaw Creek Road as getting pretty rough and "primative" for the 1200 GS, which in my mind means that they might be worth looking at :)

Check out the last few posts on this thread for a bunch of roads around F-burg...

Another suggestion is to talk to the individual ranch owners for permission to ride on their land i.e. in Llano, Mason or San Saba. Sometimes for $5-$10 per mcl rider you can pay a large property owner for the right to ride on his rugged ranch some of which can be several thousand acres in size.

Then keep the property owners contact information for future visits.

RB

Back