• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Larger Sized Helmets

Reaction score
First Name
Kim
My dad needs a 4XL helmet for his melon and he likes the open face (3/4 helmet if you will)....anyone know of a place that has them? Whether the store is brick & mortar or online doesn't matter.

I've seen some that go up to a 5XL, but they are full face helmets.

Thanks!

Kim

I think the size really depends on brand, I wear a XXL in Shoei and the XXXL is way too big. I tried on a Scorpion XXL and it felt like a XL Shoei.

The largest that I have seen in a 3/4 is the HJC CL-31, it is available in a XXXL. You might try email/calling New Enough or Moto-Liberty and ask if they know of any suppliers for a 3/4 in that size.

Good luck.

Yeah I'm wondering if he'll find one that's another brand that will fit and not be so big. I wore a Medium in KBC but had to go to a Large in Scorpion. I'll have to check what brand he has now and see if a 3XL will fit in some other brand.

He's got lots of brains to protect! LOL

Kim

HJC 3XL is the only lid that fit my freakishly large head. Other brand 3XLs did not. Give it a try.

Hello, all had to register cause I saw this post, also registered since I am going to be a new Texas motorcycle rider soon :-D

But to Wonder91178, how many inches or CM is your dads melon?

But i know you said he doesnt want a full face helmet but check out http://www.vegahelmet.com/ Thats were I was able to find a helmet to fit my huge melon

wonder91178 said:
My dad needs a 4XL helmet for his melon and he likes the open face (3/4 helmet if you will)....anyone know of a place that has them? Whether the store is brick & mortar or online doesn't matter.

I've seen some that go up to a 5XL, but they are full face helmets.

Thanks!

Kim

You don't say what the actual hat size you need. If you know, you might try this place. Helmets

TshMgOFWt.jpg

Bell and Simpson helmets up to 8 1/2 hat sizes.

HJCs tend to run big, and they make some 3/4's in a 3X. Also, AFX makes some helmets up to 4X--not sure about if that's in a 3/4 though.

Back