• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camelbak equivalents for cheap

I use a Platypus in my backpack, it works fine. I bought a Camelbak pack for myself when I don't need the backpack or when Naomi is riding pillion because she usually wears the backpack. She used the Platy for the last Pie Run and really liked it.

bluedogok said:
..... or when Naomi is riding pillion because she usually wears the backpack.

Now when are you going to get some real luggage for the bike so that your wife can stop playing the role of luggage rack? :lol:

Squeaky said:
Now when are you going to get some real luggage for the bike so that your wife can stop playing the role of luggage rack? :lol:

:rofl :bow:

Hey, I wore the pack before, when she wasn't on the bike :mrgreen:

Soon, a Givi E52 top box is the next planned addition to the bike. But with the 5 Saturdays this month, Naomi's schedule changed to where her church program is on the same days as the the BBQ or Pie Runs until October. So she won't be able to make them for awhile.

So I think a dishwasher is the next big purchase.

Naomi's schedule changed to where her church program is on the same days as the the BBQ or Pie Runs until October
Oh, I was afraid that she didn't enjoy the Hico trip and was going to stay home (and cool!) the next time...

Well, she was "feeling it" on the way home. That was a bit too far for her on the stock Sprint seat and no backrest. I am sure the heat didn't help either, but Marble Falls is a piece of pie for her to do.

bluedogok said:
So I think a dishwasher is the next big purchase.

sponge-chou.gif

3M_Large_Kitchen_household_Sponge_Housewares-resized200.jpg

There ya go. That takes care of that pesky problem. Time for a topcase. :lol: ;-)

That is what we have been doing since I moved in 2 years ago, since the existing dishwasher is the antique that came with the house when she bought it 8 years ago and looks to be O.E. for the house when it was built in 1976, just like the HVAC was until last year. Of course, she said she never had to do dishes before or had anything in the fridge before I moved in.

With the new A/C last year, I can keep it cold in here and the electric bill went down enough to buy a case in 2 months with the savings over the opld bill.

Walmart has a few different hydration systems that look pretty decent and at a decent price back in the sporting goods/camping section. I believe there was a sizable one for about $12. Might be a cheap alternative to check out.

Back