• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lexington Loop

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
The loop is bordered by US79 / Taylor on the north US 290/ Elgin on the south and US77/ Lexington to the east. FM112 from Taylor to Lexington FM695 from Lexington to Butler FM619 from Butler to Taylor. It is a approx 65 mile loop. Over prairie, oak and red cedar forest, Rolling hills great road surfacess. Side trip to Thorndale up FM486 out of Shiloh, the T-Bone Cafe serves up some good food. There is an geographic anomoly called the Knobbs just out of McDade on Knobbs Road which is County Road (CR) 305 off of FM696 between Butler and Blue. Heading should be south about 5 miles. Roads very from paved to gravel as you cross county lines. Many dual sport roads in Lee and Bastrop Counties. There is a steak house in Elgin on 290 also some good sausage at both the South Side Market and at the other end of town at the light. The Cattlemans Resturant is real good, big portions great prices. It is between the lights on the north side of the road.

DaveC said:
FM695 from Lexington to Butler

Do you mean 696 here?

I agree, though, that's a nice loop.

Here's a link to Google maps to see the loop: clicky.

Thanks for the add'l info on the DS roadage in that area, too. :chug:

I am a MapQuest Kinda Guy

Mapquest link

Do a search on Beaukiss, Texas
Being that your a Round Rockin' you can take the county roads out to Normans Crossing, R 1460 to Coupland, L 1440 to 619. I drove the county roads with a school bus and this part of the country has plenty views, curves and NO traffic. Look North on that map to San Gabriel, great roads around that area also. I am A Round Rocker too.

Thanks DaveC, nice area. Been meaning to get out there for a while now. More interesting terrain than I expected, also didn't know so mean trees turned this time of year.

Hardly any traffic until I got near Elgin. Found several of the gravel/rock/sand roads, county roads in the 47x series. Some good enough to run about 45, others more like 20. Only one was more like a jeep road (471 I think), thought it was private property until I found a marker. Didn't find anything I'd call dual sport, but I didn't spend much time out that way either.

Next time I'll push farther east. Of course, the folks at BCS can give some suggestions as the area nears Bryan.

Back