• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Protect your ears-good deal on plugs

The last time I bought mine it was off eBay. It was a pretty good deal, you just have to keep your eye on hidden shipping costs.

<hijack>

Is it illegal to ride w/ ear plugs in? :huh: How about listening to music?

Snoopster said:
<hijack>

Yes, it is illegal to listen to music with ear plugs in... ;-)

Well they let deaf people drive don't they? So I can't really see why they would make it illegal to have musical earplugs. :)

I got a set of the molded earplugs last year, and a wired set with speakers inthem. Unless I lose em I won't need earplugs for a long long time.

I bought 2 set of custom ear plus. One set has the strings attached. I hate them. The string acts like a string on a tin can and everytime the string is touched it sound like finger nails scraped across a blackboard. :eek:

There must be a better way to attach strings to ear plugs , I see people using them alot.

Any ideas ?

Snoopster said:

According to the AMA database, it appears that neither is illegal in Texas. Here's a link to what they have posted on their website:

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=TX

I was recently pulled over by a DPS trooper and removed my earplugs as we were talking. He ignored that and stayed focused on giving me a warning (thank you, thank you, thank you!) for going 10 over instead. ;-)

The guy that stopped us on the way out to Big Bend asked me if he needed to wait for me to remove the plugs before he started lecturing me... :lol:

scratch said:
I was recently pulled over by a DPS trooper and removed my earplugs as we were talking. He ignored that and stayed focused on giving me a warning (thank you, thank you, thank you!) for going 10 over instead. ;-)

+1 on the way home from King's one Thursday evening. Exact same situation.

I use Silencio foam ear plugs. They are rated a 32db. You can pick up a dozen at the Wally Mart for two dollars. I keep a few in all of my jackets. I also use them when shooting skeet.

Ron

Back