• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit.

anthep

Reaction score
Has anyone with a stage 1 or 2 tuned bandit 1250 with a power commander or TFI kept the o2 sensor in place. this was on the power commander website...

All Models
My Power Commander came with O2 eliminators, should I use these and what are they?
On bikes that use an O2 sensor in the stock exhaust have a closed loop area that can not be adjusted by the Power Commander alone. If you make adjustments with the PCIII in the closed loop area the O2 sensor will sense these changes and the ECM will alter the fuel curve accordingly. If you want to have full fuel control over the entire RPM range of your bike then you will need to bypass the closed loop area which the O2 eliminators will accomplish. If you are looking for the best fuel economy and not worried about making changed to the closed loop area you can leave the stock O2 sensors connected and still make changes outside of the closed loop area with the Power Commander.

The thing i don't know is what area of the rev range is closed loop on the 1250, as with most people i would like to retain what economy i can whilst improving performance.

Thanks for any replys

Closed loop effects upto about 3500-4000rpm typical "idle circuit" area. I run mine with an aftermarket muffler and airfilter, with the O2 sensor left in with no detectable ill effects, fuel economy is excellent.

Dink

My o2 has been bypassed in a Stage II configuration w/TFI and exhaust sans CAT'.

I've seen as little as 30 mpg, and as much as 55 mpg in this configuration, and I average 38-40 mpg during general riding.

I RIDE, it's what I do. If I wanted the best fuel economy, I have never been more impressed with the gas mileage than with my 124hp (to the wheel) first generation FZ1 got in it's unmodified state. It would average 48 to 55 mpg before I began to butcher it.

But I think the factories do a SPLENDID job of making VERY efficient machines in their current "lean & green" environmently-freindly configurations. It's when we start to mess'n with them that the economy is compromised.

-- The 'cost' of performance --
(and the need of motorcycle owners everywhere to go mess'n 'round with stuff.....)

Ordering parts to upgrade my suspension is going to play havoc with my economy. ;-)

Thanks for your reply's guys ,i ride mainly for pleasure and some commuting but with fuel at over $8 a gallon and set to rise economy is an issue for some here in the uk.

Thanks for your reply's guys ,i ride mainly for pleasure and some commuting but with fuel at over $8 a gallon and set to rise economy is an issue for some here in the uk.

:eek2:And this is what is in store for us on the other side of the pond...
"economy is an issue for some here in the US" ---- Fixt

I put a TFI on my bandit to get rid of the surging at small throttle openings. So I have the O2 sensor still in and use the TFI to add a bit of fuel to the idle only. I have the cut off set around 2500rpm.
I was noticing all kinds of wierd things going on with the bypass in place, so I just returned it to feedback mode, now it is better.
Planning on doing the "carb" sync this xmas, now that I know the trick to it. Perhaps that will get rid of all the surging.
47mpg commuting

And the price is probably even higher in the countries North of you I'm thinking. Sweden, Norway, etc.
Your prices over there :eek2: is the reason I never grip about prices here in the US. :trust:

Over here in Japan the gas is $2.32 a gallon on base and Y130($1.50) a liter out in town.

Back