• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #21 FIRE (ENTRY HERE)

Voni

Reaction score
First Name
Voni
Last Name
Glaves

Post your single entry for Photo Assignment #21: FIRE - in this thread.

Your photograph has to have been taken between 0001, Wednesday, 23 December and 2400, Monday, 3 January, 2010.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted. Photographs should stand on their own for your interpretation of 'FIRE.'

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until 2400, Monday, January 3rd, 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCF1393.jpg

Voni - That is one gorgeous grandboy by the warming fire. Those dancing eyes tell that he still believes in Santa Claus.

8-ball - A really unique take on fire. I like your creativity! I hope it wasn't YOUR house!

WoodButcher - The flames in the foreground distorting the motorcycle in the background is photographically very good! You captured a beautiful fall/winter day! I imagine fun times there.

rad3766 - Excellent capture! It makes me want to know the rest of the story.

Thunderchild - This photo makes me feel really warm. It's what I search for when I try to capture fire.

PGlaves - Interesting take on the word Fire! Ready, aim . . . Almost an action shot!

Dixondude - photographically excellent technique. How did you do that?

M38A1 - great stop action shot. How many times did you have to strike the match to capture this great shot?

Tracker - capturing the blue at the base of the flame against the green of the candle really gives this one "punch"!

Hairsmith - really good action shot. Hate to think about the devastation the owner must feel.

Nutt - Elegant simplicity. Interesting black and white take on a colorful subject.

Poser - Best action shot of fire! Amazingly crisp!

Jredford - That cold day needs a fire and again I want to hear the rest of the story.

But this is a contest so though these are all winners in their own right, there has to be just one, so,

Rad3766 it's yours!

Voni
sMiling

Congrats, Bob. It was a great shot. You and Voni are on a roll!.

There were lots of great shots in this one.

M38A1 - great stop action shot. How many times did you have to strike the match to capture this great shot?

Forty-six (46) to be exact!

Congrats Bob! Amazingly crisp, sharp and a subject matter that draws me in.

13 entries this time. Wow. :clap:

Yeah, I had fun taking mine. Looking forward to the next contest. I'm off to Llano in a little while to see if I can get some pictures of the eagles that nest next to Highway 29.

Yeah, I had fun taking mine. Looking forward to the next contest. I'm off to Llano in a little while to see if I can get some pictures of the eagles that nest next to Highway 29.

See if you can identify a landmark, milepost or something for me, OK? I've been wanting to see them as well but all I know is Hwy 29 between Llano and Burnet. That's a lot of real estate!

Scott, It's about 4 miles west of the intersection of 29 and 1431. Wide parking area on the south side of the road. There are warning signs about traffic and pedestrians.

8-ball - A really unique take on fire. I like your creativity! I hope it wasn't YOUR house!

Nope, not mine. It's about 5 streets over from my house, though. The police tape surrounds it because it's the scene of an arson investigation. It was unoccupied at the time. Very striking to see it next to the other (intact) houses.

Yep, hard to miss. I just need to get off my butt and get rolling. I can send you a gps waypoint if you want. I'll mark it when I get there. Or meet me in Burnett in 45 minutes...

Nutt - Elegant simplicity. Interesting black and white take on a colorful subject.

Truth be told, the color of the wall & the ambient light weren't working well when I was taking the photos. So, I found the crispest image & switched it to b&w. I'm much happier with this result than with the color version.

Excellent entries everyone, Congrats Bob!

For my shot, I was actually trying to capture what M381A was able to. I finally gave up after many, many spent matches, and tried to concentrate on the "flare up" after the ignition. Well that and my "talent" (Mom), was getting bored with me. That image is basically SOOC, I did crop it, and added to the saturation just a tad (+2 in Lightroom).

Back