• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Everything light (photographic)

Yeah, he has a huge following. He can do some cool stuff with just strobes and many buy strobist kits. I know B&H sales them.

What exactly is Strobist?

Is it using hot shoe flashes? or is it studio lighting used as a flash? Everytime I see the word strobe or strobist I can't help be think back to the 70's and playing around with these things.

strobe-light.jpg

They are referring to hot shoe flashes. Multi flashes with wireless transmitters are quite pricey or you can skimp and go manual or auto flash off camera to get some directional lighting.

The like the old Nikon Speedlights for Strobist shots but the old vivitar 285 are qutie popular too, just check your voltage so you don't fry your camera.

I use strobes... they really aren't that all that expensive. I have maybe $250 in both of mine, with stands and umbrella's. I run wired to one, and have the 2nd as an optical slave (picks up the flash of the first unit).

Not my best example.. but found it quick :)

listpics.asp

Back