• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nikon on-line school

Thanks for sharing this Scott. Sometimes, for me at least, it is too easy to forget just how complex some of the more spectacular images seen here, and elsewhere are created and produced.

In that video, the finished product is just a photo of an attractive woman with a pool cue in a bar, with a guy walking out of a door.

But the production to create that image is a little overwhelming right now. Forget about the assistants he has, just think about the understanding of how light affects the image. Double diffused, orange gel, changing white balance.... I think it will be a long time before I am able to visualize a completed / produced image in my mind and know how to set up my lighting and white balance to achieve it.

Nikon Learn & Explore is also available as a free iphone App.
I always have it with me that way.

I also bought Ken Rockwell's Guide to the Nikon D40 App for the iphone.

There is also Min-U Guide for the Nikon D40 on my iphone.

Great place to keep this much instruction and help information about my camera.

Duke,
How he acutally 'see's the shot - I don't have a clue. I guess you sort of have to have the 'eye' for shots. I'm somewhere in between having and not having it at the moment. :doh:

Regarding the gear, assistants, gels and so forth, I'm just scratching the surface of light manipulation trying to understand the concepts let alone actually attempt it. Lightboards bounce light to dark areas of a picture. Just seems to be a balancing act to get the effect you want.

Don't be afraid - run to the light!

This is a pretty informative group of videos on shooting techniques I stumbled across today. I know I've learned a lot just watching the first one in Control of Color Part 1. This guy makes it look E-A-S-Y!

http://nikonusa.com/Learn-And-Explore/Photography-Techniques/Shooting-Techniques.page

Thanks guy,
Lots of stuff for a new guy in there. His Control of Color Part 1 was way over my head. :lol2::lol2: But learning more about white balance and other beginner stuff is awesome. Thanks again. It's gonna be one step at a time.

Back