• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

treybrad's gift forward....

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fellow Bandit owner/rider/TWT poster, 'treybrad' gave this thing to me.

It was designed and sold (for $5.00) to hold the instruction manual and important papers for your tractor.....
yes that's right, a field plowing, dirt moving, you-know-you're-a-redneck-when, kinda tractor.

So I got a flash of brilliance(?) and went to REI yesterday to look for a fuel bottle that fits, and I found THE perfect bottle that holds 30 ounces of fuel! But after much thought (and a pint of red wine) I somehow managed to mount the thing upside-down... D'OH!
I'm now giving thought to some kind of advantage that there may be for having mounted it upside-down... any ideas?

PC270661.jpg

PC270664.jpg

Fitty,

I don't know about any advantages to mounting it with the open end facing down, but I do see some some possibly big disadvantages to mounting it with the open end facing down, for if the cap ever came off your bottle full of gas would go sliding down the highway and probably burst in to flames, possibly causing an accident. :doh:

I think I would turn the holder around.

Did you see this thread. Check out Roy's left saddle bag.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45273

Fitty: So, you figured out a way to show off the SEXYnew rear sprocket/chain upgrade!
Sign me:
Uncle ET

I paid for the shipping, "treybrad" sent me the black thingie bottle. He has one bolted to the underside of his Givi too......

The Bandit 1250 (my "tractor") will take me 40 to 60 miles when my first indication of 'low fuel' blinks. When BOTH of my indicators blink, I can ride at the very least another 20 to 25 miles. These are figures as per my GPS, OEM indicated mileage is a bit more optimistic.

The fuel bottle is there in the event that an anticipated gas stop..... is not as anticipated. I have also been known to pull over and help a stranded biker along the road.... either with my Tire Plugger kit & electric air pump, or my siphon tube if they have run out of gas. (Not to overlook the squids I have ridden with, on their 600cc crotch rockets, who were too busy text messaging instead of topping off at our last gas stop)

How far will my bottle of gas take me?
About 30 ounces farther than if I didn't have it.
I plan to find out how much of an additional edge the extra fuel will take me..... I was amazed how far my little 16 ounce can of Seafoam (filled w/gas) took me on a prior experiment.

Wasn't it from John Deere to hold manuals on a tractor?

Yep. I bought two from here:

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=67670&c2p=hp&bhcd2=1262022703

My plan was to mount both, but no dice. Fitty had the 'luck' of paying almost full price for my extra since it cost me darn near $10 to ship the thing to CA :doh:

I think when I ordered two, the total was around $18 with combined shipping. Makes for a good tool tube. I've got the OEM tool kit, tire patch kit, and tire gauge all crammed in there.

trey

Does the fuel bottle have a pressure release valve? Keeping a metal bottle of gas in the sun in an unvented container is asking for an explosion. On a couple of my bikes you can hear the gas tank whistle out the relief valve when parked in the sun because of the temp increase. At the very least it'll be flammable liquid under pressure when opening it.

Back