• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

aprilia RS50 - good for anything but a second bike?

Reaction score
Ok, I am considering my options for a street bike. I had one years ago (CBR600) but sold due to lack of time to ride. Now, I have a dirtbike, but would like to putt-putt around town once in a while so that is where the street bike comes in. Here are my criteria and thoughts...

1. I don't want a supermoto - streetbikes are MUCH more comfortable for me. On the dirt, cool - but just cruising around, I like the way a streetbike feels.
2. I rarely rarely rarely go fast - first and second is the only 'acceleration' that I do - so no need for crazy power. Just enough to merge with traffic, get around someone, etc.
3. I like the RS50 for its attributes - cheap, light and different. However, if I want to take my wife out around the block, won't happen on this bike. Plus, if I happen to want to go riding with a friend, this bike won't keep up. Am I missing anything good about this model?

I think some type of standard is in my future in all honesty - the SV650, the Z1000, XB9 - something that 'looks' different is wanted...reliability is important....and comfortable for in-town cruising......Just wanted everyone else opinion. I lurk these forums lots...and learn lots - just way confused and taking my time so I don't make a wrong decision.

Try the new Triumph Bonneville. They're torquey, reliable and fun around town.

Rami You didn't say if you were looking new or used. Either way don't overlook the FZ1. Lots of power and priced very well on the Gen I (2005 and older). Gen II even more power and still priced well.

Back