• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2010 Project 365...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Post your 2010 Project 365 gallery link here...

What's 2010 Project 365 you ask?
Taking at least one good picture every day and pushing it up to a host gallery. Hopefully, over the year the quality of shots will increase with the knowledge gained. Shots should be numbered in some manner either by date or number (1-365). If you miss a day, you can post a blank image or some graphic to indicate you missed a day. If you don't want to clutter your gallery up with missed days, just skip it. Totally your call. After all, it's your gallery!

Do I have to do 365 days?
No. Some have expressed concern that shooting 365 days would be a significant burden, or take too much time away from other activities. If you want to make it a 52 week challenge, then go for it! If you like a shot-a-month, then by all means post that link as well. Favorites shots not on a schedule? Sure, post the link to the gallery for 2010 and push them up.

You keep talking about pushing up photos and hosting. What does that mean?
There are a number of free or fee-based photo/video hosting services on-line. A few that come to mind include www.flickr.com www.smugmug.com www.photobucket.com These are places where you create an account much like you did here, create a "gallery" called 2010 Project 365 and upload your pictures to that gallery. They you post the link of that gallery in this thread so others can see/comment on your work.

Is there a prize for this?
No. This is all for grins and to grow the skills learned along the way.

Will anyone critique my pictures?
If you post a link to your 2010 Project 365 gallery, expect some comments AND questions. All that should be considered is they be respectful of the shooters work. Good comments are always welcome. Constructive critique should be welcomed if constructive. And hopefully questions will abound on technique, equipment, post processing, subject matter, trials & tribulations and so forth.

Why do this?
Two reasons. First, peering through a viewfinder forces you to stop and look at the world in a different perspective. Suddenly the world becomes small, focused, a moment in time. Secondly, your skills should improve over time. The 2010 Project 365 gallery images will reflect those changes.

Good luck with the coming years shoot, and I look forward to seeing what the world appears to be through the eyes of another!

Last edited:
Scott, I like it. Hopefully will teach me a little patience. :zen:

Maverick's 2010 365 Photo Project can be found HERE

Re: Project365 - Photo a day for one year

01012010BlueMoon_1280_x_1024.jpg

Just not enough knowledge of my Dimage Z7 but slowing learing. A little doctoring in Picasa. Just can't get it sharpened to what I saw even with tripod and using timer in the night auto mode.

Andy, it seems contrary, but you are shooting a small bright object against a dark background. If you want the detail of the moon to come out, you have to trick the camera into shooting for the bright object and not the larger average of it against the dark background. Otherwise, you'll just get a bright blob of white. PNS cameras, not sure how to trick them.

This was shot at f18, 1/800s, which would be a "bright day" setting.
753541048_ZakX4-M.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for that info. Will attempt it again tomorrow night. Was trying to get the branches to stand out also.

This explains it better than I can: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/3762805

The problem is the branches reflect light, but the moon is a light source, and actually pretty bright at that. If you adjust to the moon to get detail on the moon, it'll be hard to get much detail off the branches unless you have an artificial light source like a flash or other light.

Thanks for the site. I'm in the super learn mode now as I've just been a point and shoot guy for a long time. Heck , most of the pictures on my photoshop account are on the bike aiming over the camera or just pointing in that direction and clicking off a couple of pictures.

I was planning on a new 52wk challenge to start yesterday, but I ended up having to put my dog down instead. Today is a wedding rehearsal for my brother, and tomorrow is the wedding. Lots of being busy, I'll try to get something in this week.

Aroad02Jan10.jpg

Playing today. Should of had the manuel with me. ;-). And, a notebook to write down where I had the camera set when I took it.

I'm finding it is more difficult to sit down at the computer & upload the pictures than it is to actually go out and take them!

I've 3/3 on picture taking so far. Album is up to date.

Project 365 2010

Looking back at them , I think I like this one more bester. ;-). Where the dirt is more in focus and the background fading just a little so as not to take away from the road. I think. LOL.
PICT0006_1280_x_1024.jpg

if you look at the file properties, the EXIF data will show you just about everything--ISO, f/stop, speed, flash fired, etc.
some of the new cameras even have GPS and tag the photo when taken.

OK, of the three days thus far into 2010, this is my favorite so far....

13 seconds at f/22 and 10mm using ISO400
756842692_Fp55P-L.jpg

Back