• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody Ridden Bridgeport's "Northwest OHV Park"?

Reaction score
First Name
David
I have only been in my Jeep when they were in the early stages of building it. Might take the bikes and Jeep as soon as it warms up a little.

I'm a bit surprised more people haven't replied. Guess it's not very well known hence the reason I only just now found out about it.

Guess I'll have to plan a trip very soon and report back. Anybody else want to join me?

It took a year of planning/discussion and two years of building trails. I tryed posting on every site I knew about throughout the whole process. We had at least 24 work days to which 100 to 500 jeeps showed up each time to build trails. They were there in 110 degree weather and in 20 degree weather. Fox 4 news aired a "Lone Star Advernture" when we first started building trails and did another right before opening weekend. Not sure how anyone could have missed it.

I can tell you some things about the place....

Most all the trails were built by full size rigs. So most are wide enought for a truck. The place is rocky...after all it was a gravel pit. If you are a trail rider or a cross country rider you will like it....if you only ride groomed tracks you won't like it.

By all means go check it out.

see if this link works
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/fox_4_features/Lone_Star_Adventures_Off_Road

if not go to myfoxdfw then lone star adventures then scroll down a little and look at offroad park.

Thanks for posting Laura :thumb: and yes that link works.

I've only very recently got back into off road bikes by adding a 450x to the stable so I've been out of the loop for a while. I plan on heading up there in the next couple of weeks to give it a try. I prefer cross country and trail ridding over MX tracks.

Anyone know if this area has any of the old Bridgeport Enduro contained in it? That was a fun enduro, and yes...it was rocky. If I remeber correctly, the club that put it on was named the "Rock City Roosters" or something like that.

Anyone know if this area has any of the old Bridgeport Enduro contained in it? That was a fun enduro, and yes...it was rocky. If I remeber correctly, the club that put it on was named the "Rock City Roosters" or something like that.

Close, but the new park is to the northeast of the land we ran the enduro on. Very similar terrain though. I'm impressed you remembered the club name:eek2: Probably half of the "Roosters" still ride but primarily on the street.

Close, but the new park is to the northeast of the land we ran the enduro on. Very similar terrain though. I'm impressed you remembered the club name:eek2: Probably half of the "Roosters" still ride but primarily on the street.
Cool. Yeah, I'm still in the club that puts on the Concho Enduro. Some used to whine about the Bridgeport enduro being too rocky, but I kinda liked it. Good to see some dirt riding places going. We've been out at the Ross Creek location...Concho race location...since about '79.

And how could one forget a club name like the "Rock City Roosters"?:lol2:

Thanks for posting Laura :thumb: and yes that link works.

I've only very recently got back into off road bikes by adding a 450x to the stable so I've been out of the loop for a while. I plan on heading up there in the next couple of weeks to give it a try. I prefer cross country and trail ridding over MX tracks.

hi David, did you ever ended up checking that place up? What did you think of it?

Thanks.

I've ridden there and enjoy it. It is about ten minutes from the house, so I should go out more often. All the trails were cut by Jeeps and crawlers so there was no planning for erosion. Every time you go out they are different trails. There can be anything from a smooth dirt road to stuff a trials bike would be more suited to.

I ve been there multiple time in my Jeep. Its great in a Jeep, i have only seen maybe a handful of people on bikes out there. Its real rough terrain, i think it would be awesome out there on a Trials bike. Matter of fact saw a guy one weekend with his Jeep Wrangler and a Trials bike on the back. Ok im off topic, ne way some sweet trails!

It took a year of planning/discussion and two years of building trails. I tryed posting on every site I knew about throughout the whole process. We had at least 24 work days to which 100 to 500 jeeps showed up each time to build trails. They were there in 110 degree weather and in 20 degree weather. Fox 4 news aired a "Lone Star Advernture" when we first started building trails and did another right before opening weekend. Not sure how anyone could have missed it.

I can tell you some things about the place....

Most all the trails were built by full size rigs. So most are wide enought for a truck. The place is rocky...after all it was a gravel pit. If you are a trail rider or a cross country rider you will like it....if you only ride groomed tracks you won't like it.

By all means go check it out.

see if this link works
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/fox_4_features/Lone_Star_Adventures_Off_Road

if not go to myfoxdfw then lone star adventures then scroll down a little and look at offroad park.

Laura, a couple of old racing friends- Russ & Cindy, were involved in this project & I have lost touch with them over the years. Could you possible get me some contact information for them?
I need to get out there sometime when it cools off a bit. My old Husky loves this kind of stuff.
Thanks.

Back