• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tacky Gloves

tavy

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
After conceding defeat to the cold, last weekend I swung by and bought some warmer gloves to replace the vented summer gloves I've been riding around with. Much warmer is an understatement.

What I didn't realize until I was almost home was how much I missed the little tacky pads that were on my other gloves. I like the new ones, but it does require more grip pressure just to hold throttle, and I don't feel quite as certain grabbing the levers.

Does anyone know of a product, or method to add some tackiness to regular gloves on the fingertips and maybe the palm? Nothing gross like glue, but maybe some stick on pads or something?

Not a tacky thing, only for the throttle, but you could try a crampbuster. Its a plastic thing that wraps around the grip, and has a kind of shelf sticking out that you put your palm on. When you push down on the shelf, it tightens up on the grip, and away you go. If you don't want it, rotate it forward out of the way.

I got one because my bike has an incredibly stiff throttle, and I got tired on those highway runs. At least I got it before my first 200 mile trip, I would have had the worst cramps by the end.

They also go by other names, and will probably run in the $10 range.

Not a tacky thing, only for the throttle, but you could try a crampbuster. Its a plastic thing that wraps around the grip, and has a kind of shelf sticking out that you put your palm on. When you push down on the shelf, it tightens up on the grip, and away you go. If you don't want it, rotate it forward out of the way.

I got one because my bike has an incredibly stiff throttle, and I got tired on those highway runs. At least I got it before my first 200 mile trip, I would have had the worst cramps by the end.

They also go by other names, and will probably run in the $10 range.

+1 on the Crampbuster. I couldn't commute without mine.

Lee

Does anyone know of a product, or method to add some tackiness to regular gloves on the fingertips and maybe the palm? Nothing gross like glue, but maybe some stick on pads or something?
A couple of strips of double-sided sticky tape on the grips will work wonders.

I have also used Tennis Racket grip wrap (at Academy for a couple of bucks) that not only provided tackiness but cushion as well.

handgrip2.jpg

part of it could also be getting use to thicker gloves, I know I don't really like wearing the thick warm gloves I have. The controls feel kinda numb

Some great suggestions. It hadn't occurred to me to add something on the grips or the levers instead of the gloves.

Thanks for the ideas. :thumb:

Back