• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Service at Cowboy Harley; S. Austin

Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Taylor
The time arrived to get new treads for my '09 Ultra Classic. The originals lasted 12,000 miles which was better mileage than any moto tire I've ever had on such a heavy bike. I normally would shop around but when the MOCO had Dunlop design a new tire for the touring models in '09 (D407/408) they signed an exclusive contract with Harley for two years so you have to go to a dealer to get them for now. I started by calling all the dealers within 60 miles of the casa. Cowboy beat Central Texas by $50 on the installed price and was $120 less than Horney Toad in Temple. (I never have understood the weird names they hang on these dealers) In addition to the best price, Cowboy would set an appointment to get the job done. The others were drop it off and we'll fit you in. :nono: I also needed to get the fuel tank mod called for by the recall. This is to reduce the chance of bursting into flames when a minivan full of kids pulls out in front of me causing a severe frontal impact that will result in a fuel leak. :giveup: So I called to see if they could get me in yesterday and they said, "Come on down and we'll get it done". I was met in the parking lot by the service writer, Brian. Very friendly and quickly got the bike into the shop. During the down time Brian stopped by where I was sitting and reading a book to let me know the progress being made so I never had to wonder if they were really working on the bike. The tank mod added an hour and a half to the total job time. Three and a half hours later I had new tires, a safer fuel tank, and a fresh inspection sticker. :clap: The other service counter staff worked together to expedite the paperwork, I think her name was Karen. By far this was the best experience I have had with a Harley dealer to date. No attitudes, just friendly, helpful staff. If I have to go back to a dealer, they've got my business. :rider:

If I have to go back to a dealer, they've got my business. :rider:

I love hearing good customer service reports. I've done a lot of browsing in Cowboy Harley and the staff have always been great: friendly, knowledgeable and low-key.

FWIW, I've had the same experience down the road at Cowboy Honda. I worked on buying a holdover R,W & B VFR from them some months ago, and although the deal fell through, it was not because they weren't good to work with.

There are certainly other Harley and Honda dealers where I wouldn't (as a good friend put it) buy air but I would not hesitate to do business with either Cowboy shop....

I forgot to mention that while I was there a guy pulled in on an old KLR needing an inspection. They provided him the same level of quick and friendly service that I received. :thumb:

Back