• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I guess I'm feeling bored today - so here's another vid.

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Last Name
Bakker
I thought I had lost this video but I found it on another folder in my computer just yesterday. Took this on my last ride with friends right before I moved to Texas. Florida had a huge housing boom and they built a bunch of these neighborhood streets but never got around to building the houses. They make for some fun little tracks, and quite a few of them are out in the middle of nowhere.

The guy who passes me in this video is Phil Smith. Back on September 3rd Phil was in a head on collision with a pickup truck while riding his BMW (he's on his Super Duke in this video). The truck turned left in front of him. He was in full gear and his Arai helmet saved his life (no head injuries despite a really hard hit!). But he had two tears in his aorta and LOTS of broken bones (impacted with the left side of his body). He was flown to Tampa General Hospital where they saved his life, they gave him more blood than they've ever given a surviving patient, save for one other. While in for one of his surgeries Phil suffered a minor stroke from the stress his body was undergoing. He's currently in a rehab facility having to work on speech and general physical rehabilitation. Please keep him and his family in your prayers!

I was happy to find this video because he was my favorite person to ride with. He had a good head on his shoulders but knew how to have fun too. I really hope to ride with him again someday!

Anyway... here's the video:

That's fun, we use to run on some streets back after the S&L crash and burn in the 80s. Huge empty sub-divisions, I imagine there are some "new" tracks in Florida now.

Florida had a huge housing boom and they built a bunch of these neighborhood streets but never got around to building the houses. They make for some fun little tracks, and quite a few of them are out in the middle of nowhere
Great suggestion. I have numerous sites out here in AZ and I'd never even thought about riding in those areas.

that's awesome, I'm sure we could find some around here too. Maybe I need to start scouting. I'm thinking mini-motards

Back