• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bokeh

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
While processing some photos from todays exploring, I got to noticing some really (I think) neat BOKEH...

It almost looks artificial, but it is what came off the sensor.

D90, Tokina 11-16mm @ f2.8.

This is the image,

766309584_GdpyE-L.jpg

This is a 1:1 looksee at the Bokeh.

766309688_aHgd9-L.png

No real reason for this thread.... Just showing off I guess... Some things are finally starting to make more sense, Depth of Field, Bokeh, Exposure.... Proof exampled by my shooting in the scary M mode all day today...

Last edited:
Looks cool...

What is "Bokeh" for those of us that aren't so camera savvy?

Not that I'm totally useless with a camera, sometimes, when I'm using the features on the coolpix, I'll switch from "auto" to "action".

Nice composition, but the statue is probably saying "hey Duke - get off my foot your standing on to take this shot"

I am really enjoying watching you guys experiment with your techniques. It makes me wish I had more time to really focus on taking more pics with a goal in mind. These days, I am doing good just to get shots of the kids on occasion :doh:

That is super cool lookin' bokeh. Does it have that same quality throughout the OOF area of the frame (like, say, in the grass at the same distance)? I'm almost wondering if it was windy out and perhaps the nifty kind of disheveled (in a good way) almost-digital-looking blur is because of just enough leaf/branch movement to dance the light around a big in the duration of your exposure. Either way, I dig it!

It was windy that day...

I will upload the uncropped/unedited picture and let you see for yourself. It was the first time that I have recognized such a pronounced / "dramatic?" bokeh in any of my pics.

Back