• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PCIII problems

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of pcIII's but I just had to get one for my SV1000S. Well I've had problems from day one, mostly finding someone who knows what they are doing to tune it.

Anyway, I disconnected the pcIII about a month ago cuase the bike started running very very rich. I did leave the pc connected to the battery though. Now I have decided to try some different maps so I hooked the pcIII back up and the bike will not start. I disconnect and the bike starts. I reconnect and the bike does not start. I'm sure you get the picture.

Anyone have any expierence with this piece of crap III's?

It actually connects to the battery? :scratch My PCII just went inline between the bike's puter and the FI system, otherwise it did not plug into anything.

When you say the bike won't start, is it cranking and just not firing, or is it totally dead?

The pcIII USB connects to the battery.

It's turning over but it just won't fire. The lights do light up on the pc so I know at least it's getting power. :help:

I had one on my Harley. The map for my setup was way off (rich) and I had it dyno-tuned which made it fabulous. It plugged straight into the wiring harness for the computer and had no external power source.

birdwh said:
Try a race shop like AF1 Racing. I say 'like' as it's a bit out of your territory. They will know how to make it work properly.

http://www.af1racing.com/

There in lies a major part of my problem Will. The nearsest Dynojet is about 130 miles south of me. Before my vacation to the Ozarks I made an appointment three weeks in advance at Suzuki City in Boloxi for my bike and two other bikes. We rode down on a Monday morning taking time off work to have some test & tune time. After getting down there we were told that there was no way they could get to us. :angryfir: The [expletive deleted] dyno guy had failed to write us in even though he knew we were coming. The idiot said we should have called AGAIN to remind him. The owner was no help at all either. Let's just say it got very heated so we got out of there before it got any worse. What a waste of air those guy's at Suzuki City in Boloxi Mississippi are :angryfir:

Does Patrick in Houston have a Dynometer Dynojet yet? It really sucks living in the sticks.

Sounds like you may have to make a weekend trip event out of it.

There are other dynamometer manufacturers besides Dynojet. Namely Factory Pro. Sometimes 'Dynojet' is used like generic 'aspirin' or 'coke'!

Back