• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmet Shields: Transition Lens Type

Reaction score
Recent RIDER mag arrived today & I found the following website in the back of the mag related to transition style helmet shields/visors.

I'd tried a 'new' model of the AKUMA helmet line last summer which offered this style of shield on that model & was pretty impressed w/ the results out @ Moto Lib here in S.A.

Now, it looks like they offer shields for SHOEI & ARAI w/ more makes to come! Heck, for the type of riding I do, this would be an awesome upgrade IMHO.

http://www.shieldtechllc.com/products_powersports-visors.php

Can't speak for these, but the ones from Scorpion only last 3-6 months. They're awesome when they work though. And I only use water to clean my shields so it wasn't something in the cleaner. I've had three of them do the same thing.

Can't speak for these, but the ones from Scorpion only last 3-6 months. They're awesome when they work though. And I only use water to clean my shields so it wasn't something in the cleaner. I've had three of them do the same thing.

Interesting. I had the same thing happen and just attributed it to my fondness of chemical cleaners. $70 is a lot of coin for a faceshield that stops doing what you bought it for just a few months later.

Back