• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cooling fan...

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Schmidt
My SV 650 came back formt he shop and was running hot. Seems the cooling fan is not kicking on when the temp gets up there. Long story short, I raised the tank and noticed a stray wire that looks to have come unpluged from the area under the carb.

Called the shop, and they described the location of where the wire should plug in consistent with it's location. I was told there are 3 "water lines" that run under the carb. Amongst those water lines, I will find where the wire should connect. Well, I can't find it, (the place the wire plugs in)

Can anyone offer a second set of eyes, or some very specific directions on this? Puhleeeze.

Why not run it back over to the shop and let them fix it? It was their oversight after all. Polaris West I assume?

Naah, it was Sam's Cycles who did the work. I don't do :angryfir: Polaris West, or :angryfir: Stubbs.

I called and talked to Sam who said they did not get into the area (under the tank) where the stray wire is located while the bike was there to have the charging system checked out, which by the way, (as I found out 2 weeks later) was nothing more than a slowly depleating 11 month old battery.

If reconnecting the wire does not take care of it, I'll be back over there to have the temp regulation devices changed out - Unless there are any cooling system experts in here who want to get their hands dirty.

paul14814 said:
Naah, it was Sam's Cycles who did the work. I don't do :angryfir: Polaris West, or :angryfir: Stubbs.

Oh, yeah... We already had that conversation recently, didn't we?

Sorry to hear that you're still having electrical issues. Just when you get one resolved another materializes. :-? You sure there's not an old Triumph hidden under there somewhere? ;-)

I think this connects to a loom, not directly to the coolant sensor. Can't say where, as I do not own an SV. Being MR.OBVIOUS, I recommend you break out the wiring digram and start tracing routes. Like you, it seems to me it should be "right there". You'd think the reach of the dangling plug would point you to it. Maybe there is an intermittant piece missing.

best of luck!

Does this help?

Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Back