• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Does this count as a project?

Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
ZRXLF.jpg

I mean, it needs fresh gas and carb' work...

OK, not so much of a project, I just felt like showing it off. I'll even get some good pictures of it if I ever get my barn clean. No promises on that though.

I think it counts as a SCORE! You don't know how hard it was to talk myself out of going for that bike for the sheer cool and value factor. Congrats on being the first to jump.

We wanted it, we just needed more time to come up with the cash. :tears:

Sweet! I have always loved the look of those bikes.

I wouldn't say "not so much of a project" some bikes require a PHD to get the carbs off and back on without snapping and climbing a clock tower with a rifle.

check any mental hospital and they will have atleast one person who was just going to clean their carbs!! :eek2:

Talk to Wayne (Pacman). I've watched him remove and replace his carbs twice in about 45 minutes.

Just PM'd you before I saw this thread... awesome awesome deal buddy! We need to get a ZRX group ride together one of these days!

One word: Pods. Go to the ZRXOA and do a little research. There are 2 camps on the pod filter issue, but in my experience they are totally worth it just for the ease of removing and reinstalling the carbs. With the airbox in it's a huge ****. If you want to keep the airbox, I'd strongly recommend the "carb sandwich" method.

BTW, if you're removing the carbs anyway, go ahead and install a jet kit (a must with pod filters). DynoJet or Ivans. These things are very lean from the factory, and a simple jet kit really wakes them up. Combine that with a timing advancer and a full system and things really start to get interesting.

Remember, the OA is a treasure trove of wisdom. If you're thinking about a mod, it's been done before and discussed ad nauseum on the OA.

yep the OA is one of the best boards on the net for
knowledge of a bike and what can and cant be
done to it from any level from performance mods
High Hp turbos to touring mods

Mine turns ten years old this month and I never grow tired of it

BTW, if you're removing the carbs anyway, go ahead and install a jet kit (a must with pod filters). DynoJet or Ivans. These things are very lean from the factory, and a simple jet kit really wakes them up. Combine that with a timing advancer and a full system and things really start to get interesting.

Looks like all that has already been done according to the for-sale thread.

Great find! Good luck with the "project", Gabe. :thumb:

So Gabe - this project will leave you time to work on that less-than-pristine CX-500 you bought from me :-)

So Gabe - this project will leave you time to work on that less-than-pristine CX-500 you bought from me :-)

No kidding. All I've been able to do is look at it as I go through the shop. :giveup:

Back