• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KNOX Handroid Hand Armour (AKA:gloves)

very cool :thumb:
just how pricey are they?

That Lock Boa and hard plastic gauntlet looked great until he got to the part about the elastic. Good for comfort, not so good for durability.

I'm surprised it's taken a while for someone to put ablative palm skid blocks back on gloves. There used to be plenty of gloves with metal studs on the palms and heel of the hand. Plastic or phenolic could be better than metal as it would transfer less heat to the hand. But that also makes it "single-crash use" like most textile gear (money well spent).

Some pretty neat features overall.

I wear out a good set of gloves in a year or less. Left hand mostly. These are road racing level gloves, For the street I would like the plastic skid pads on the palm and the pinky, Armor on the knuckles. I need ventilation in the summer. The gauntlet closure would be nice for my winter gloves, trying to get them over my jacket is a pain sometimes.

I have Knox products and can say they produce great stuff in general, but these gloves seem to be more gimick that substance. The first thing that's going to go wrong when you go down is the elastic on the sides of the glove. I can't see these being worth the money. I'll stick with my Held Phantoms for that price. No plastic crap hanging off the glove to come off in a crash like the Knox have. Very disappointed in this product from them. Maybe if I saw them in person I'd think different.

I saw the Handroid along with the rest of the Knox glove at Moto Liberty in Dallas and was very impressed. The gauntlet style racing gloves I have been buying for years ranging in price from 59 closeout to 199 new model have been more restrictive new than these out of the package. The protection seems like it far exceeds my current gloves and the name knox tells the story on motorcycle armor all by itself. I'm going to pick up the Biotech 1 level down from the Handroid when my currrent gloves wear out at seasons end. If you're a racer, you're probably already spending this much or more and shoud give the handroid a look it looks odd, but doesn't everything new.

I just can't stop laughing about their slogan:

"It's not just a glove, it's HAND ARMOR."

Dumbest slogan in a long time. "hey babe, let's go for a ride. don't forget your jacket, helmet, and HAND ARMOR!"

With a title like that it ought to get me into castle Grey Skull.

With a title like that it ought to get me into castle Grey Skull.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I knew they reminded me of something from my childhood or more recent.

Attachments

• Skeletor1.jpg
    Skeletor1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 138
Back