• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good deal on a Camelbak(ish) hydration system

Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Hey Guys and Gals,

After the last Pie Run, I swore that I'd get a Camelbak, or some other version, before the Marble Falls run. Well I went into Dick's Sporting Goods in Arlington today and found a great deal. They have the Jansport Icon 2 liter system on clearance for $19.97. Dick's regular price is $44.00, and a quick web search showed the price at most retailer as $34.99. So, $20 ain't top bad! They had about 8 of them left in the Arlington store after I bought my 2. Just thought y'all might like to know!

Yeah, thay are nice. My old one (purchased in 1992, finally died and I've been without for a few months. I was really regretting not having one on the last pie run. The one I just got is not the Camelbak brand name, but it has some rally nice features and the price was great!

I bought a Platypus for my Jansport backpack that has a hyration pocket in it. I bought a Camelbak for me to use when my wife wears the backpack. They are great.

Back