• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Handy script for Flickr users

bung

Reaction score
If you use Flickr and link your images to forums, you should check out the Phorumr Greasemonkey Script.

Want to post your Flickr pictures to Phorum sites without breaking the Flickr T&Cs? It’s a bit laborious. But not if you use the Greasemonkey script I just knocked together, ‘Phorumr.’ Get it here (once you’ve installed Greasemonkey, simply clicking on the link to the script should give you an installation dialog – just click the install button and it’s done).

When installed, it will add a third box (see below) to your ‘all sizes’ photo pages, containing some BBCode tags which can be pasted straight into a Phorum post to result in a Flickr-friendly linked image.

If you use Firefox, you will first have to install Greasemonkey.
I use Safari so I installed Greasekit.

According to the terms and conditions of Flickr any image you link has to be clickable to bring you back to Flickr. The script just makes things easier by formatting the link as a clickable image.

A lot of times you'll see a flickr image that says it is currently unavailable. That's usually because someone used a direct link to the image that doesn't link back to flickr.

You don't need to add img tags. You just need to copy and paste the link that the script provides.

Back