• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anybody around B/CS got a chain breaker?

HiSPL

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Weaver
I just ordered a new set of sprockets and a chain. If anyone has one to loan out, give me a shout....

Thanks,
-=Tim=-

If you only need to break the chain, you can do it by cutting off the tops of the pins on a single link using a Dremel tool w/ a cutting wheel or grind them off with a suitable bit in your hand-held drill. Then you can pry the link apart.

Of course, if you've bought a new chain with a rivet-type master link, you'll still need a riveting tool.

No chain breaker, but I've got the Dremel, a grinder and a pair of bolt cutters................

This one comes up frequently. Someone call a maintenance day. :-D

:lol:

Maybe I'll just buy one and let every one borrow it. It'd come back like Bugs Bunny's baseball! :rofl .....

I'm not so concerned about the cutting part as I am the riveting part. I figure I'll just hang the chain on a fence post and start shooting at it till it falls apart. :shooter:

:rofl

A hand grinder is the easyist way to cut it , even faster than a chain breaker , You will need a tool to stake the new chain , I payed about $50 for mine at an independet shop. You also use the grinder to cut your new chain to right length.

I have a chain breaker if you still need it.

Shoot me a PM.

Steve

Back