• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OEM top box mount compared to Givi (?)

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We know Suzuki offers matching hard luggage and their mounting system, we also know that the luggage they use is made for them by Givi.
- however -
After a call to Twisted Throttle this morning, I've learned that in some cases hard luggage made for Suzuki (by Givi) is not adaptable to Givi racks (?!?!)
* Might this include the Suzuki top box to the Givi Universal rearplate E250???

In other words,
has ANYBODY here personally tried to snap their Suzuki top box onto a buddy's bike with a Givi top plate in place?

I wanna buy the Givi E250 universal rearplate (for a Monokey mounting system) and mount it to my Vespa so that I might use my Suzuki/Givi top box on the scoot.......

(?????)

The Suzuki branded top case for the Bandit 1250S is a Givi V46. It uses the same mounting. A buddy has a Honda CB1000F with Givi racks and PLX V35 and V46 topcase. His cases mount on my bike perfectly.

+1, from what I understand all the racks accept the same cases, Givi or OEM Suzuki. What won't work is mixing racks. The OEM top case rack will not bolt to the Givi side case rack, and vice-versa.

trey

The Suzuki branded top case for the Bandit 1250S is a Givi V46. It uses the same mounting. A buddy has a Honda CB1000F with Givi racks and PLX V35 and V46 topcase. His cases mount on my bike perfectly.

You are pretty close, it's the same lower half of the clam-shell as a Givi V46 but with a redesigned upper half and made by Kappa not Givi (sister company to Givi, so I am sure they borrow many parts from each other). Apparently from your test they kept the mounts identical as well:thumb:

The Suzuki OEM side cases though are definitely GIVI V35's:rider:.

Thanks guys.....
yet ANOTHER case where friends with a common interest can communicate and seek help from one another via the "not to be trusted" Internet.

I strongly suspected that (in this case ((pun not intended)), that the bottom half of our top case was interchangable with the mounting system of the Givi Monokey mount.

Cool!
:clap:

Back