• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moto Austin or another fine purveyor of Italian Metal?

katzke

Reaction score
I live in College Station, out in the middle of nowhere. To assuage my lust for the finer machined products of the Italian peninsula, I'm looking for the best dealer within reasonable driving distance -- either Austin or the north side of Houston.

Any suggestions? Specifically looking for Aprilia and Guzzi.

I'm with Kurt, if you are looking for a Moto Guzzi, then MPH cycles in Katy is the best.

I don't think it really matters where you buy. Service is more important in the end.

I don't think it really matters where you buy. Service is more important in the end.

That's part of why I want to check out the "best of the best of the best SIR!" as I go to buy. It'll be a few months down the road before I can plunk unless someone has something pretty left over from 2009 that they're willing to cut me a screaming deal on...

Call Warren at Ducati Austin and see if they have any Guzzi holdovers.

That's part of why I want to check out the "best of the best of the best SIR!" as I go to buy. It'll be a few months down the road before I can plunk unless someone has something pretty left over from 2009 that they're willing to cut me a screaming deal on...

I was just at AF1 yesterday and they have a killer deal on a Tuono right now. What exactly are you looking for?

I spoke to a guy selling a bike on ebay and he told me, "I want to sell my bike but if you're in Texas I'd go buy from AF1 racing" I would drive 4.5 hours to get my service done by them. Warren at Ducati Austin is a stand up guy as well.

Yep plus one for AF1, I have visited with many folks that buy their
bikes there,

We had one guy in the ZRXOA that bought his Dorsoduro there. Flew in
from Montana and rode it to Eureka Springs AR last spring then back to Montana

I own a Ducati and have been to Moto Austin for my 6K service, purchased my bike at Eximports, and have used Bob Lunsford for various warrenty issues. Basically, you need to stay away from Eximports - PERIOD. They are horrible in every respect for Ducati; I can't speak for anything else. Bob Lunsford was ok....but I'm not thrilled. Moto Austin was fairly decent, but the tech that worked on my bike was 'gone from the dealership' when I called several weeks after I picked up my bike to ask him about the valves. I took that to mean he either got fired or quit. If I were you, I'd go to Moto Austin.

Hope that helps.

+ 1 for AF1 in New Braunfels...I've had my Shiver for a year now & 6200 miles. Luv her right next to the wife's MANA we've had since Aug '08.

Here's their website: www.af1racing.com

Their forum/discussion board is really helpful too.

Good luck!

College Station,,,,,,,,"out in the middle of nowhere" ??? Lordy, lordy, fellow. Just because there isn't the type of dealer you want in CS, you're uptown downtown. A good independant shop is Brazos Valley Motorsport on S. college. He had a couple of Aprillas in there last week for,,,?? Pat's a fine wrench.

Back