• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Photo Expo 2010

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Austin Photo Expo

I went last year, and will be going again this year. This time I will be getting there early enough to actually partake in the free seminars.

Here is the thread from last years

I was blown away at the amount of products from so many of the vendors. Being able to actually touch / feel, all the things you only see pictures of on various web sites, was a real treat.

Check out the speakers that they have lined up thus far.

I know where we're going to be on May 15 or 16.

Thanks for posting!

Just a reminder - the Austin photo expo is this weekend at the Norris Conference Center in Northcross Mall.

Sat 9-6
Sun 10-5

"This is Austin’s largest gathering of photographic manufacturers in one place for two days only. Check out the expo demo floor for all the new cameras, lenses, and accessories. Representatives will be on hand to explain how their products work best for you.

And don’t miss out on the FREE lectures. Each lecture should cost you at least $30, but this week-end all of them are free. Check out the great line-up under the speaker’s button. Learn tips on how to take better portraits, nature shots, macro, lighting techniques and more. There are four rooms for seminars, and they are on a first come first seated basis.

I went. I came home. I will not be going another year, until the venue is changed. My experience from last year and this year confirms in my mind that this truly needs to be held in a larger venue.

I am happy that I was able to touch and feel the 105mm 2.8 VR that I am jonesing over. It is just not in my budget for a purchase today though. $999 regular price, on sale $949 plus tax.

I had really wanted to get in on a couple of the seminars. I gave up.

Precision Camera: Thank you for going through the hard work and sponsoring this event. Please think of moving this to a larger venue. Parking was, well, awful. I blame the construction next door, but still it really was bad. The seats filled up very quickly for the 4 sessions I tried to attend. I liked the impromptu move of the NIK software demo from the vendors showcase floor to Room 4(???) during lunch time today. Which moved some of the masses out of the show floor. However the show floor was PACKED, too tightly, and not entirely because of too many people. But IMO too small a room for such a setup of vendor showcasing.

Just some thoughts from one insignificant spectator / customer.

Sorry I missed you guys there. I got onto a few of the seminars, altho very basic I enjoyed them a lot.
I also agree not interested in going back unless the venue changes. I was not even able to get close enough to the Nikon booth to look over the line of products. But the Cannon people say that is not a bad thing.

Back