• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thermarest Sleeping Pad

I have a Thermorest in a different size and all I can say is, get the widest/longest one you want to lug around. Mine is a tad short so my feet hang off and not wide enough to even roll around. Other than that, I love it.

I wonder how it compares with the Coleman self inflating pad?

Seems like a good deal. I personally like a little wider sleeping pad just because I tend to sprawl out while sleeping, but other than that, it does look like a decent bargain. Also check out the REI brand of sleeping pads while you are shopping. I have one of theirs and love it. Been using it for a couple of years now and it's still going strong.

I have that one, and I love it. It states that it is 6 feet long, so it is about half price from Academy's prices.

Even though it calls it "self inflating", you will want to blow it up a bit more to keep your hips off the ground. Or maybe that is just me! I sleep great on these.

If it says "Thermarest" on it, its a good piece of equipment.

I have this model. 1.5" thick and folds in half for nice fitting inside hard luggage.

I was going to get the REI brand, all of their stuff is great too, except the Thermarest was longer and I need the length.

Mine is 25" wide and 2" thick. Wider and thicker is better when weight isn't an issue as in backpacking. That price is hard to beat. If you are small enough to fit on it, width wise, go for it.

I have a shorty thats almost 30 yrs old and it still holds air. I used it on a 30 day tour from WA to TX, dozens of weekend camping trips, etc. I also have one of the longer ones, too. The single thickness is a little thin for my aging hip bones now.

I have a Thermorest in a different size and all I can say is, get the widest/longest AND THICKEST one you can lug around.

That said the Thermorest brand pads are some of the best most comfortable pads around.

Back