• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Collings Foundation Air Frames - Hooks Airport, 3.12.10

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
I didn't get out there until around lunch time. But enjoyed my time anyway.

Info about the Collings Foundation

C&C is always welcomed.

809461426_m4JRS-L.jpg

809496134_5iHeQ-L.jpg

809455971_JABJr-L.jpg

809455105_TBQce-L.jpg

809460113_VUVr3-L.jpg

809459082_CoSJP-L.jpg

809457894_JDoyL-L.jpg

809457003_VsHiZ-L.jpg

Shooting brightly polished aluminum in the middle of the day, HURTS!

Just for fun, a short video of the P-51. LINK As I Can't Figure Out How To Embed A SmugMug Video? (help?)

I am very disappointed at the photos I took inside the air frames. Get the inside detail correct, and blow out the windows. Get the windows correct and I get seriously under exposed inside. Oh well. I will try and see what I can do in PS...

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great shots of those old birds Duke.... I plan trying to attend a few of them and see what I can capture as well.

As for the insides, did you try exposing for the window and using your flash to light up the interior?

Great shots of those old birds Duke.... I plan trying to attend a few of them and see what I can capture as well.

As for the insides, did you try exposing for the window and using your flash to light up the interior?

Did not even think of the flash. I "was" smarter than the camera. I was going to take two exposures and merge in PS. Well... I shouldn't have tried it hand held.

With everyone else walking inside the plane, it was moving a bit, and my shots are no where close enough for me to merge at my skill level.

i.e.....

812190132_N8jMC-L.jpg

812189291_Lhnxb-L.jpg

They are supposed to be at the airport west of Katy Wednesday and Thursday.

So here's my 'shot' at the same interior yesterday. A bit tighter and all I did was fire the SB-900 perched on top at 90 degrees. There is however a price to pay for the flash on aircraft and that's REFLECTIONS! :doh:

825968272_VS4SF-L.jpg

Back